Generic Name and Formulations:
Vit.A (as beta carotene) 2700 IU, thiamine 1.6mg, riboflavin 1.8mg, niacinamide 18mg, pyridoxine 2.5mg, folic acid 1mg, Vit.B12 12mcg, Vit.C 70mg, Vit.D 400 IU, Vit.E 30 IU, calcium (as carbonate) 100mg, copper (as oxide) 2mg, iron (as ferrous fumarate) 65mg, magnesium (as oxide) 25mg, zinc (as oxide) 25mg; caplets; gluten-, lactose-, iodine-, sugar-free.
Indications for VITAFOL-OB:
Nutritional supplement in pregnancy, prenatal, and postnatal periods.
1 cap daily.
Pernicious anemia. Hemochromatosis. Iron storage disease. Chronic hemolytic anemia. Pyridoxine responsive anemia. Liver cirrhosis.
Folic acid may mask pernicious anemia. Overactive thyroid. Hypercalcemia. Hyperparathyroidism. Soy allergy. DHA: bleeding diatheses.
Iron, calcium block tetracycline absorption. Iodine with anti-thyroid drugs may cause hypothyroidism. Iodine with antihypertensives may increase potassium. Folic acid antagonizes methotrexate, anticonvulsants (eg, carbamazepine, fosphenytoin, phenytoin, phenobarbital, valproic acid). Separate dosing of zinc with antibiotics at least 2hrs apart. DHA: avoid anticoagulants.
GI upset, skin ailments, glucose abnormalities, visual problems.
Caplets—100; Softgel caps—30;
DHA (6 blister cards [5 caplets + 5 gel caps])—30-day supply
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Triplet Regimen Found Most Effective for Relapsed/Refractory Multiple Myeloma
- Integrating Preoperative Oral Care Into Cancer Treatment Plans
- Current Status and Dilemma of Second-line Treatment in Advanced Pancreatic Cancer: Is There a Silver Lining?
- American Association for Cancer Research Releases Its 2018 Annual Report
- Pulmonary Toxicity Increased in Pediatric Hodgkin Lymphoma Treated With Brentuximab Vedotin
- Benefit of Chemotherapy for Breast Cancer Observed With Midrange Gene Assay Score
- Antioxidant Interaction With Cancer Therapy
- Young Survivors of Breast Cancer Report Sexual Quality of Life Declines After Treatment
- Myeloablative Conditioning Effective in AML Secondary to MDS/MPN Prior to Allogeneic HCT
- Insurance Status Influences Overall Survival in Follicular Lymphoma
- Skin Cancer Screening: Are They Effective?
- Metronidazole, Vancomycin Recommended for C Difficile in Pediatric Oncology, HSCT
- CDC: HPV Vaccination Rates on the Rise Among Adolescents
- High-Dose vs Standard-Dose Flu Vaccine in Elderly Receiving Chemotherapy
- FDA Grants Approval to Novel Treatment for Hairy Cell Leukemia
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|