VISINE A OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Naphazoline HCl 0.025%, pheniramine maleate 0.3%; oph soln; contains benzalkonium chloride.
McNeil Consumer Healthcare
Indications for VISINE A:
Temporary relief of ocular redness and itching.
Adults and Children:
<6yrs: not recommended. ≥6yrs: 1–2 drops up to 4 times daily.
Avoid prolonged use. Narrow-angle glaucoma. Hypertension. Cardiovascular disease. Urinary hesitancy. Reevaluate if eye pain, irritation, or visual changes worsen or persist beyond 72hrs. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Avoid MAOIs. Remove soft contact lenses when instilling; may re-insert afterwards.
Vasoconstrictor + antihistamine.
Mydriasis, increased IOP, local irritation, sensitization.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- A Witness to Letting Go: Nursing Care at the End of Life
- Sexual Quality of Life Decreased During, After Chemotherapy for Digestive Cancers
- Androgen-Deprivation Therapy for Prostate Cancer May Cause Nocturia, Sleep Disturbance
- Approach and Management of Checkpoint Inhibitor-related Immune Hepatitis
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Modified XELIRI Noninferior to FOLFIRI for OS in Metastatic Colorectal Cancer
- Nabilone Improves Cancer-Associated Anorexia in Lung Cancer
- Direct-to-Consumer Genetic Test for Select BRCA Mutations Gets FDA Nod
- Patients With Head and Neck Cancer Have Greater Chance of Being Prescribed Opioids
- Medical Terms in Patient Education: Using the Confusing to Explain the Complicated
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|