Generic Name and Formulations:
Rimexolone 1%; oph susp; contains benzalkonium chloride.
Alcon Laboratories, Inc.
Indications for VEXOL:
Post-op inflammation. Anterior uveitis.
Post-op: 1–2 drops into conjunctival sac(s) 4 times daily; start 24 hrs after surgery and continue through 1st 2 weeks post-op. Uveitis: 1–2 drops into the conjunctival sac(s) every hour while awake for 1st week, then 1 drop every 2 hrs while awake for 2nd week, then taper until resolved.
Epithelial herpes simplex keratitis and other viral infections including vaccinia, varicella. Ocular mycobacterial, fungal, or untreated purulent infections.
Corneal or scleral thinning. Monitor intraocular pressure. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Blurred vision, discharge, discomfort, ocular pain, increased intraocular pressure, foreign body sensation, hyperemia, pruritus; may mask secondary ocular infections; ocular hypertension/glaucoma, optic nerve damage, defects in visual acuity and visual fields, posterior subcapsular cataract formation, superinfection possible with prolonged use.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Triplet Regimen Found Most Effective for Relapsed/Refractory Multiple Myeloma
- Integrating Preoperative Oral Care Into Cancer Treatment Plans
- Current Status and Dilemma of Second-line Treatment in Advanced Pancreatic Cancer: Is There a Silver Lining?
- American Association for Cancer Research Releases Its 2018 Annual Report
- Pulmonary Toxicity Increased in Pediatric Hodgkin Lymphoma Treated With Brentuximab Vedotin
- Benefit of Chemotherapy for Breast Cancer Observed With Midrange Gene Assay Score
- Antioxidant Interaction With Cancer Therapy
- Young Survivors of Breast Cancer Report Sexual Quality of Life Declines After Treatment
- Myeloablative Conditioning Effective in AML Secondary to MDS/MPN Prior to Allogeneic HCT
- Insurance Status Influences Overall Survival in Follicular Lymphoma
- Skin Cancer Screening: Are They Effective?
- Metronidazole, Vancomycin Recommended for C Difficile in Pediatric Oncology, HSCT
- CDC: HPV Vaccination Rates on the Rise Among Adolescents
- High-Dose vs Standard-Dose Flu Vaccine in Elderly Receiving Chemotherapy
- FDA Grants Approval to Novel Treatment for Hairy Cell Leukemia
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|