Generic Name and Formulations:
Mebendazole 500mg; chew tabs.
Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Indications for VERMOX:
Trichuriasis (whipworm). Ascariasis (common roundworm).
Adults and Children:
<1yr: not established. ≥1yr: Chew completely before swallowing; if difficulty chewing, can add 2–3mL of water using a dosing syringe; wait 2mins and then swallow. Give 500mg as a single dose.
Risk of convulsions. Monitor blood counts if using higher doses or during prolonged therapy. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Serious skin reactions (eg, SJS, TEN) with concomitant metronidazole; avoid.
Anorexia, abdominal pain, diarrhea, flatulence, nausea, vomiting, rash; neutropenia, agranulocytosis.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- A Witness to Letting Go: Nursing Care at the End of Life
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- Risk for Cardiovascular Disease Higher in Survivors of Testicular Cancer
- Sexual Quality of Life Decreased During, After Chemotherapy for Digestive Cancers
- Age Not a Deterrent to Immunotherapy for Malignant Melanoma
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Metformin Plus Ruxolitinib: A Potential Therapeutic Alternative for Myeloproliferative Neoplasms
- Patients With Head and Neck Cancer Have Greater Chance of Being Prescribed Opioids
- Medical Terms in Patient Education: Using the Confusing to Explain the Complicated
- Bedside Assessment Tool Improves Worst Pain in Patients With Cancer
- Androgen-Deprivation Therapy for Prostate Cancer May Cause Nocturia, Sleep Disturbance
- USPSTF Rates Ovarian Cancer Screening a D for Asymptomatic, Low-Risk Women
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|