Generic Name and Formulations:
Vasopressin 20U/mL; soln for IV inj after dilution.
Par Pharmaceutical, Inc.
Indications for VASOSTRICT:
To increase blood pressure in vasodilatory shock (eg, post-cardiotomy or sepsis) who remain hypotensive despite fluids and catecholamines.
Use lowest effective dose. Post-cardiotomy shock: initially 0.03U/min; max 0.1U/min. Septic shock: initially 0.01U/min; max 0.07U/min. May titrate up by 0.005U/min at 10–15min intervals if target BP not achieved. After target BP maintained for 8hrs without use of catecholamines, taper by 0.005U/min every hour as tolerated to maintain target BP.
Impaired cardiac response may worsen cardiac output. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: advise to pump and discard breast milk for 1.5hrs after vasopressin dose.
Additive effect with concomitant catecholamines. May be potentiated by indomethacin, ganglionic blocking agents, furosemide, SSRIs, tricyclics, haloperidol, chlorpropamide, enalapril, methyldopa, pentamidine, vincristine, cyclophosphamide, ifosfamide, felbamate. May be antagonized by demeclocycline, lithium, foscarnet, clozapine.
Decreased cardiac output, bradycardia, tachyarrhythmias, hyponatremia, ischemia (coronary, mesenteric, skin, digital).
Multi-dose vials (1mL)—25
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Aggressive Therapy Provides No Additional Advantage in Metastatic Prostate Cancer
- Excretion of Volatile Organic Compounds Higher in AYAs Using Vaping Products
- FDA, ASHP Actions to Prevent or Manage Chemotherapy Drug Shortages
- Risk for Cardiovascular Disease Higher in Survivors of Testicular Cancer
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Metformin Plus Ruxolitinib: A Potential Therapeutic Alternative for Myeloproliferative Neoplasms
- Sexual Quality of Life Decreased During, After Chemotherapy for Digestive Cancers
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- Approach and Management of Checkpoint Inhibitor-related Immune Hepatitis
- Revised AJCC8 Demonstrates Superior Tumor Classification for HNCSCC
- Oral Androgen Receptor Inhibitor Granted FDA Approval for Nonmetastatic CRPC
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|