What information is there about using the newer high-dose flu vaccine in patients with cancer?
Canadian investigators conducted a national observational study in which women and girls living with HIV underwent HPV vaccination.
Reinforcing the immune system with a the PVX-410 vaccine may prevent or slow progression to multiple myeloma.
High-certainty evidence for cervical cancer protection in adolescent girls and young women aged 15 to 26 years.
A nurse-drive protocol tackled the influenza and pneumococcal vaccine uptake rates at an NCI-designated comprehensive cancer center, according to a presentation at 2018 ONS Annual Congress.
In this study, a vaccine was developed using dendritic cells (DCs) derived from each patient's own peripheral blood mononuclear cells.
iPSC vaccine prevented tumor growth in syngeneic murine breast CA, mesothelioma, melanoma models
Which vaccines should be avoided in patients receiving chemotherapy?
In a comparison of vaccinated vs unvaccinated young adults, oral HPV infection prevalence was found to be substantially lower in persons 18 to 33 years who received at least 1 vaccine-dose during the study years.
Axalimogene filolisbac, an intravenous vaccine currently in clinical trials, could prevent often-fatal cervical cancer relapse.
Seasonal influenza vaccination was associated with increased rates of immunologic toxicity in patients with lung cancer receiving PD-1/PD-L1 immunotherapy blockade.
ASCO offers global recommendations for HPV vaccination tailored to structural resource levels of regions.
Self-persuasion is more effective than external persuasion for motivating low-income parents to vaccinate their children against HPV.
The top reasons for not initiating HPV vaccination are necessity, safety, and knowledge, rather than a lack of discussions on sexuality.
A comparison of administering the influenza vaccine concurrently with chemotherapy with that of administration within the cytopenic period during 3-week chemotherapy cycles determined which schedule was the optimal timing for vaccination administration in this group.
A recent study examined the current economic burden attributable to vaccine-preventable diseases among U.S. adults.
Although HPV vaccination is expected to decrease the cancer burden from HPV across all racial and ethnic groups, some disparities are expected to persist and widen if their causes are not addressed, including lack of access to screening, timely diagnoses, and treatment.
Oncologists should raise awareness of HPV-related cancers and role of vaccinations
Teen girls living in high-poverty and in majority Hispanic communities had the highest rates of having received at least 1 dose of the HPV vaccine compared with those in low-poverty communities and in communities of other racial or ethnic compositions.
Many pediatricians and primary care physicians reported communicating about HPV vaccination with parents in ways that likely discourage them from having their children vaccinated.
Physicians failing to recommend it or adequately explain its benefits to parents could be a factor.
A sizable minority of doctors does not strongly endorse HPV vaccination nor deliver timely recommendations.
Immunization protects against sexually transmitted disease and certain cancers, health experts say, but only two U.S. states mandate vaccination.
Reports on outbreaks of measles, pertussis in past year may have shifted opinions on vaccination.
Researchers note that CDC recommends vaccination at age 11 or 12, but only half of girls receiving the vaccination get it at the proper age.
An experimental breast cancer vaccine boosts immune response and appears to slow spread in those with advanced disease.
Vaccine is effective even among older adults who subsequently undergo chemotherapy.
The herpes zoster vaccine continues to be effective in protecting older adults against shingles, even after they undergo chemotherapy, according to a recent study.
The HPV vaccine protects against cancers of the cervix, throat, rectum, and penis, but too few are receiving it.
Combination vaccine significantly improves overall survival in pancreatic cancer, compared with single-component vaccine.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Triplet Regimen Found Most Effective for Relapsed/Refractory Multiple Myeloma
- Integrating Preoperative Oral Care Into Cancer Treatment Plans
- Current Status and Dilemma of Second-line Treatment in Advanced Pancreatic Cancer: Is There a Silver Lining?
- American Association for Cancer Research Releases Its 2018 Annual Report
- Pulmonary Toxicity Increased in Pediatric Hodgkin Lymphoma Treated With Brentuximab Vedotin
- Benefit of Chemotherapy for Breast Cancer Observed With Midrange Gene Assay Score
- Antioxidant Interaction With Cancer Therapy
- Young Survivors of Breast Cancer Report Sexual Quality of Life Declines After Treatment
- Myeloablative Conditioning Effective in AML Secondary to MDS/MPN Prior to Allogeneic HCT
- Insurance Status Influences Overall Survival in Follicular Lymphoma
- Endocrine Society Released Guidelines for Managing Endocrine Disorders in Childhood Cancer Survivors
- Skin Cancer Screening: Are They Effective?
- Metronidazole, Vancomycin Recommended for C Difficile in Pediatric Oncology, HSCT
- CDC: HPV Vaccination Rates on the Rise Among Adolescents
- High-Dose vs Standard-Dose Flu Vaccine in Elderly Receiving Chemotherapy
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|