Generic Name and Formulations:
Methoxsalen 20mcg/mL; sterile soln.
Indications for UVADEX:
Extracorporeal administration with the UVAR XTS or CELLEX Photopheresis System in the palliative treatment of skin manifestations of cutaneous T-cell lymphoma that is unresponsive to other forms of treatment.
Consult UVAR XTS or CELLEX Photopheresis System Operator's Manual before administering. Give on 2 consecutive days every 4 weeks for minimum of 7 treatment cycles (6 months). Calculate dose per treatment based on treatment volume: Dose (mL) = treatment volume x 0.017. Accelerated treatment schedule: see full labeling.
Idiosyncratic reactions to psoralen compounds. History of light sensitive disease. Lupus erythematosus. Porphyria cutanea tarda. Erythropoietic protoporphyria. Variegate porphyria. Xeroderma pigmentosum. Albinism. Aphakia.
Exposure to sun or UV light may cause actinic degeneration, skin burning, cataracts; wear UVA-absorbing, wrap-around sunglasses and cover exposed skin (or use sunblock: SPF ≥15) for 24hrs after treatment. Basal cell carcinomas; monitor. Possible thromboembolic events in treatment of graft-versus-host disease (not approved use). Pregnancy (Cat.D); avoid. Nursing mothers.
Increased photosensitivity with anthralin, coal tar, griseofulvin, phenothiazines, nalidixic acid, halogenated salicylanilides, sulfonamides, tetracyclines, thiazides, certain organic staining dyes (eg, methylene blue, toluidine blue, rose bengal, methyl orange).
Hypotension secondary to changes in extracorporeal volume.
Single-use vials (10mL)—12
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Aggressive Therapy Provides No Additional Advantage in Metastatic Prostate Cancer
- Excretion of Volatile Organic Compounds Higher in AYAs Using Vaping Products
- FDA, ASHP Actions to Prevent or Manage Chemotherapy Drug Shortages
- Breast Cancer Screening Recommendations Not Completely Reflective of Race, Age
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Metformin Plus Ruxolitinib: A Potential Therapeutic Alternative for Myeloproliferative Neoplasms
- Sexual Quality of Life Decreased During, After Chemotherapy for Digestive Cancers
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- Approach and Management of Checkpoint Inhibitor-related Immune Hepatitis
- Revised AJCC8 Demonstrates Superior Tumor Classification for HNCSCC
- Oral Androgen Receptor Inhibitor Granted FDA Approval for Nonmetastatic CRPC
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|