Generic Name and Formulations:
Alfuzosin (as HCl) 10mg; ext-rel tabs.
Covis Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Indications for UROXATRAL:
Benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH). Limitations of use: not for use in children or for the treatment of hypertension.
Swallow whole. Take immediately after same meal each day. 10mg once daily.
Concomitant potent CYP3A4 inhibitors (eg, ketoconazole, itraconazole, ritonavir). Moderate or severe hepatic insufficiency.
Not for use in women. Discontinue if angina develops or worsens. Severe renal insufficiency (CrCl <30mL/min). Hypotension. Mild hepatic impairment. History of QT interval prolongation. Exclude prostate cancer prior to initiation. Cataract surgery (intraoperative floppy iris syndrome possible). Pregnancy (Cat.B).
See Contraindications. Do not use with other α-blockers. Increased hypotension with concomitant nitrates, PDE5 inhibitors, other antihypertensives. Potentiates and is potentiated by cimetidine. Potentiates cardiovascular effects of atenolol. Caution with drugs that prolong QT interval.
Dizziness, upper respiratory tract infection, headache, fatigue; postural hypotension, syncope; rare: priapism.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- A Witness to Letting Go: Nursing Care at the End of Life
- Sexual Quality of Life Decreased During, After Chemotherapy for Digestive Cancers
- Androgen-Deprivation Therapy for Prostate Cancer May Cause Nocturia, Sleep Disturbance
- Approach and Management of Checkpoint Inhibitor-related Immune Hepatitis
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Modified XELIRI Noninferior to FOLFIRI for OS in Metastatic Colorectal Cancer
- Nabilone Improves Cancer-Associated Anorexia in Lung Cancer
- Direct-to-Consumer Genetic Test for Select BRCA Mutations Gets FDA Nod
- Patients With Head and Neck Cancer Have Greater Chance of Being Prescribed Opioids
- Medical Terms in Patient Education: Using the Confusing to Explain the Complicated
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|