Generic Name and Formulations:
Selexipag 200mcg, 400mcg, 600mcg, 800mcg, 1000mcg, 1200mcg, 1400mcg, 1600mcg; tabs.
Indications for UPTRAVI:
Pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH) (WHO Group 1) in patients with WHO functional Class II–III symptoms, to delay disease progression and reduce the risk of hospitalization for PAH.
Swallow whole; may take with food to improve tolerability. Initially 200mcg twice daily; increase by 200mcg increments twice daily at weekly intervals to highest tolerated dose up to 1600mcg twice daily; reduce to previous dose if not tolerated. Moderate hepatic impairment (Child-Pugh class B): initially 200mcg once daily; increase in 200mcg increments once daily at weekly intervals as tolerated.
Concomitant strong CYP2C8 inhibitors (eg, gemfibrozil).
Discontinue if pulmonary veno-occlusive disease confirmed. Severe hepatic impairment (Child-Pugh class C): avoid. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
See Contraindications. May be potentiated by concomitant moderate CYP2C8 inhibitors (eg, teriflunomide, deferasirox); consider less frequent or reduced dosing. May be antagonized by concomitant CYP2C8 and UGT 1A3 or 2B7 inducers (eg, rifampin); increase up to twice the dose.
Prostacyclin receptor agonist.
Headache, diarrhea, nausea, jaw pain, vomiting, pain in extremity, myalgia, flushing, arthralgia, rash, anemia, decreased appetite.
Tabs 200mcg—60, 140; 400mcg, 600mcg, 800mcg, 1000mcg, 1200mcg, 1400mcg, 1600mcg—60; Titration pack—1 (140 x 200mcg tabs) + (60 x 800mcg tabs)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- A Witness to Letting Go: Nursing Care at the End of Life
- Sexual Quality of Life Decreased During, After Chemotherapy for Digestive Cancers
- Androgen-Deprivation Therapy for Prostate Cancer May Cause Nocturia, Sleep Disturbance
- Approach and Management of Checkpoint Inhibitor-related Immune Hepatitis
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Modified XELIRI Noninferior to FOLFIRI for OS in Metastatic Colorectal Cancer
- Nabilone Improves Cancer-Associated Anorexia in Lung Cancer
- Direct-to-Consumer Genetic Test for Select BRCA Mutations Gets FDA Nod
- Patients With Head and Neck Cancer Have Greater Chance of Being Prescribed Opioids
- Medical Terms in Patient Education: Using the Confusing to Explain the Complicated
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|