Generic Name and Formulations:
Treprostinil 0.6mg/mL; soln for oral inhalation using Tyvaso Inhalation System.
United Therapeutics Corp.
Indications for TYVASO:
Pulmonary arterial hypertension (WHO Group I) in patients with NYHA Class III symptoms, to improve exercise ability.
Give 4 separate treatment sessions each day approximately 4hrs apart, during waking hours. ≥18yrs: Initially 3 breaths (18mcg) per treatment session; if not tolerated, reduce to 1–2 breaths, and then subsequently increase to 3 breaths as tolerated. Maintenance: may increase by an additional 3 breaths at 1–2 week intervals, if tolerated, to target dose of 9 breaths (54mcg) per treatment session.
<18yrs: not established.
Significant underlying lung disease (eg, asthma, COPD). Acute pulmonary infections. Patients with low systemic arterial pressure. Hepatic or renal insufficiency. Risk of bleeding. Avoid contact with eyes and skin, oral ingestion. Elderly. Labor & delivery. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Increased risk of symptomatic hypotension with concomitant diuretics, antihypertensives, other vasodilators. May be potentiated by CYP2C8 inhibitor (eg, gemfibrozil). May be antagonized by CYP2C8 inducer (eg, rifampin). Increased risk of bleeding with anticoagulants.
Cough, headache, nausea, diarrhea, dizziness, flushing, throat irritation, pharyngolaryngeal pain, syncope; symptomatic hypotension, bleeding.
Ampules (2.9mL)—4; Starter Kit—1 (28 ampules with inhalation system); Refill Kit—1 (28 ampules with accessories)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Aggressive Therapy Provides No Additional Advantage in Metastatic Prostate Cancer
- Excretion of Volatile Organic Compounds Higher in AYAs Using Vaping Products
- FDA, ASHP Actions to Prevent or Manage Chemotherapy Drug Shortages
- Risk for Cardiovascular Disease Higher in Survivors of Testicular Cancer
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Metformin Plus Ruxolitinib: A Potential Therapeutic Alternative for Myeloproliferative Neoplasms
- Sexual Quality of Life Decreased During, After Chemotherapy for Digestive Cancers
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- Approach and Management of Checkpoint Inhibitor-related Immune Hepatitis
- Revised AJCC8 Demonstrates Superior Tumor Classification for HNCSCC
- Oral Androgen Receptor Inhibitor Granted FDA Approval for Nonmetastatic CRPC
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|