Generic Name and Formulations:
Trimethoprim 100mg, 200mg; tabs.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Trimethoprim:
Treatment of initial episodes of uncomplicated UTI due to susceptible strains (E. coli, P. mirabilis, K. pneumoniae, Enterobacter species, coagulase-negative Staphylococcus species, including S. saprophyticus).
Treat for 10 days. 100mg every 12 hours or 200mg every 24 hours. CrCl 15–30mL/min: 50mg every 12 hours. CrCl<15mL/min: not recommended.
Megaloblastic anemia due to folate deficiency.
May interfere with hematopoieses (esp. when given in large doses and/or prolonged periods). Obtain CBCs if signs of serious blood disorder develop, discontinue if significant reduction in any formed blood element is found. Possible folate deficiency. Renal or hepatic impairment. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
May potentiate phenytoin. May interfere with serum methotrexate assay, Jaffe alkaline picrate reaction assay for creatinine.
Folic acid inhibitor.
Rash, pruritus, GI upset, blood dyscrasias, hyperkalemia, hyponatremia, fever, increased BUN, serum creatinine; rare: aseptic meningitis, cholestatic jaundice, hypersensitivity reactions.
- Neurotoxicity After CAR T-cell Therapy May Be Associated With Endothelial Activation
- Navigation Programs Most Effective in Increasing Follow-up Colonoscopy
- New Class of Clinical Trial Enhances Research on Cancer Care Delivery
- Nivolumab Provides Better Long-Term Efficacy Compared With Docetaxel in NSCLC
- Prophylactic Prochloperazine Ineffective for Opioid-induced Nausea/Vomiting in Cancer
- Anticancer Properties of The Probiotic Kefir: A Review
- Navigating the Transition From Treatment to Breast Cancer Survivor
- Combining Radiation, Immunotherapy: An Emerging Challenge for Oncology Nursing
- Naldemedine Effective for Opioid-Induced Constipation in Cancer Pain
- Disruptions to Circadian Rhythm Linked to Prostate Cancer Surgery Regret
- Daily Aspirin Reduced Risk of HBV-Related Hepatocellular Carcinoma
- Lanreotide Effectively Controls Diarrhea, Flushing in Neuroendocrine Tumors
- Case Report of a KIT-mutated Melanoma Patient With an Excellent Response to Apatinib and Temozolomide Combination Therapy
- Novel Predictive Model More Effectively Identifies Risk for Lung Cancer
- Long-Term Eltrombopag Increases Platelet Counts, Decreases Bleeding in ITP
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|