Trihexyphenidyl Tabs Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Trihexyphenidyl HCl 2mg, 5mg; scored tabs.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Trihexyphenidyl Tabs:
Adjunct in Parkinsonism. Drug-induced extrapyramidal symptoms (EPS).
Take with food. Give in 3–4 divided doses. Parkinsonism: 1mg on day 1, may increase by 2mg every 3–5 days; usual max 6–15mg/day. Concomitant levodopa: 3–6mg/day and reduce levodopa dose. EPS: 1mg on day 1; range 5–15mg/day.
Tardive dyskinesia. Narrow-angle glaucoma.
Cardiovascular, renal, or hepatic disorders. Hypertension. Psychosis. GI or GU obstruction. Exposure to extreme heat. Monitor intraocular pressure. Avoid abrupt cessation. Nursing mothers.
Potentiates CNS depression with alcohol, CNS depressants. Antagonizes psychotropics. Additive anticholinergic effects with MAOIs. Paralytic ileus with phenothiazines, tricyclic antidepressants.
Anticholinergic and antihistaminic effects, confusion, anhidrosis, excitement, nausea, vomiting, angle-closure glaucoma, hallucinations, neuroleptic malignant syndrome, heat stroke, drowsiness.
Formerly known under the brand name Artane.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Aggressive Therapy Provides No Additional Advantage in Metastatic Prostate Cancer
- Excretion of Volatile Organic Compounds Higher in AYAs Using Vaping Products
- FDA, ASHP Actions to Prevent or Manage Chemotherapy Drug Shortages
- Risk for Cardiovascular Disease Higher in Survivors of Testicular Cancer
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Metformin Plus Ruxolitinib: A Potential Therapeutic Alternative for Myeloproliferative Neoplasms
- Sexual Quality of Life Decreased During, After Chemotherapy for Digestive Cancers
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- Approach and Management of Checkpoint Inhibitor-related Immune Hepatitis
- Revised AJCC8 Demonstrates Superior Tumor Classification for HNCSCC
- Oral Androgen Receptor Inhibitor Granted FDA Approval for Nonmetastatic CRPC
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|