Triamcinolone + Nystatin Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Triamcinolone acetonide 0.1%, nystatin 100000units/g; crm; oint.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Triamcinolone + Nystatin:
Adults and Children:
Apply sparingly 2 times daily; max 25 days treatment.
Avoid prolonged use or on large areas. Use lowest effective dose (esp. in children). Do not occlude. Discontinue gradually in chronic use. Discontinue if superinfection or irritation occurs. Reevaluate if no improvement after 25 days. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Steroid + polyene antifungal.
Local irritation, folliculitis, hypertrichosis, dermatitis, sensitization, HPA axis suppression (esp. in children), epidermal and dermal atrophy (esp. in thin-skinned or occluded areas).
Formerly known under the brand names Myco-triacet II, Mycolog II, Mytrex F.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Triplet Regimen Found Most Effective for Relapsed/Refractory Multiple Myeloma
- Integrating Preoperative Oral Care Into Cancer Treatment Plans
- Current Status and Dilemma of Second-line Treatment in Advanced Pancreatic Cancer: Is There a Silver Lining?
- American Association for Cancer Research Releases Its 2018 Annual Report
- Pulmonary Toxicity Increased in Pediatric Hodgkin Lymphoma Treated With Brentuximab Vedotin
- Benefit of Chemotherapy for Breast Cancer Observed With Midrange Gene Assay Score
- Antioxidant Interaction With Cancer Therapy
- Young Survivors of Breast Cancer Report Sexual Quality of Life Declines After Treatment
- Myeloablative Conditioning Effective in AML Secondary to MDS/MPN Prior to Allogeneic HCT
- Insurance Status Influences Overall Survival in Follicular Lymphoma
- Endocrine Society Released Guidelines for Managing Endocrine Disorders in Childhood Cancer Survivors
- Skin Cancer Screening: Are They Effective?
- Metronidazole, Vancomycin Recommended for C Difficile in Pediatric Oncology, HSCT
- CDC: HPV Vaccination Rates on the Rise Among Adolescents
- High-Dose vs Standard-Dose Flu Vaccine in Elderly Receiving Chemotherapy
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|