Researchers found wide variances in the cost of breast cancer chemotherapy, depending on the course of treatment selected.
MYL-1401O is comparable in efficacy and safety to the anti-HER2 monoclonal antibody trastuzumab as frontline therapy in breast cancer.
Patients undergoing treatment for breast cancer with trastuzumab-containing regimens need to be monitored for heart damage regardless of age.
Women with the HER2-enriched type of HER2-positive breast cancer had the highest rate of immune response to treatment with trastuzumab, with a significant increase after just 1 dose of the drug.
Research in mouse models has identified molecules that can bind to cancer cells and induce apoptosis.
Trastuzumab significantly improves the long-term survival of HER-2 positive breast cancer patients, according to a large national study.
Researchers have found that subcutaneous trastuzumab has a similar safety profile and similar event-free survival rate with intravenous trastuzumab.
The addition of trastuzumab to chemotherapy significantly improved the overall and disease-free survival of women with early stage HER2-positive breast cancer.
Herceptin in addition to chemotherapy boosts survival, reduces risk of cancer recurrence
Adjuvant Lapatinib and/or Trastuzumab Treatment Optimization (ALTTO) study confirms use of trastuzumab for HER2-positive breast cancerOctober 07, 2014
The use of trastuzumab (Herceptin) as the standard-of-care treatment for HER2-positive breast cancer has been supported by the Adjuvant Lapatinib and/or Trastuzumab Treatment Optimization (ALTTO) study.
In women with advanced (or metastatic) breast cancer, treatment with the breast cancer drug trastuzumab is associated with prolonged survival but also increases the risk of developing heart problems
Women with HER2-positive breast cancer who had the highest levels of immune cells in their tumors gained the most benefit from presurgery treatment with chemotherapy and trastuzumab. These results were presented at the 2013 San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium.
A new approach selectively permeabilizes the blood-brain barrier at sites of brain metastases, even those 200 times smaller than currently detectable in the clinic.
Some patients with early breast cancer had a benefit in clinical response rate when everolimus was added to trastuzumab treatment, though the benefit was statistically nonsignificant. These puzzling results suggested that this benefit was independent of the molecular pathways that could be expected to be involved.
The monoclonal antibody trastuzumab (Herceptin) may be effective against HER2-negative breast cancers in addition to HER2-positive disease.
The protein HER2 plays a role even in breast cancers that would traditionally be categorized as HER2-negative. The drug trastuzumab (Herceptin), which targets HER2, may have an even greater role for treating breast cancer and preventing its spread.
- Acupuncture Improves Postoperative Symptoms in Women Undergoing Surgery for Breast Cancer
- Prehabilitation Program Improves Preoperative Fitness in Patients With Colorectal Cancer
- Alcohol Consumption, Particularly White Wine, Associated With Increased Risk of Melanoma
- Combination of Gemcitabine and New CHK1 Inhibitor Is Effective in Soft Tissue Sarcomas
- Omitting RT in Certain Older Women With Early Breast Cancer is Safe
- Exercise is as Effective in Treating Metastatic Prostate Cancer as Medication
- Walnut Consumption Changes Gut Microbiome, Decreases Growth of Colon Cancer in Mice
- Vaccine Enters Phase I Study for Safety and Effectiveness in Multiple Myeloma
- Timing Chemotherapy Administration to Circadian Rhythm Improves Drug Effectiveness
- New Therapy Blocks Breast Cancer Cells From Entering and Hiding in Bone Marrow to Form Latent Metastases
- Community Breast Navigation Program Improved Breast Screening Rates in Underserved African American and Latino Women
- Live-streamed Videos Address End-of-Life Planning, Decision-making
- Metastatic Disease Linked to Patients Reporting Diminished QoL
- History of Bilateral Salpingo-oophorectomy, Hormone Replacement Therapy Are Predictive of Breast Density at Cancer Diagnosis
- Mammographically Occult Contralateral Breast Cancer Detection is Effective With Preoperative MRI
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|