Biosimilars and originator trastuzumab neoadjuvant therapy had a comparable effect on pathologic complete response rates.
HER-2 enriched subtype predicts for HER2 blockade benefit with lapatinib and trastuzumab
Adjuvant trastuzumab following chemotherapy significantly improves long-term disease-free survival in women with HER2-positive early breast cancer, according to study data.
Researchers found wide variances in the cost of breast cancer chemotherapy, depending on the course of treatment selected.
MYL-1401O is comparable in efficacy and safety to the anti-HER2 monoclonal antibody trastuzumab as frontline therapy in breast cancer.
Patients undergoing treatment for breast cancer with trastuzumab-containing regimens need to be monitored for heart damage regardless of age.
Women with the HER2-enriched type of HER2-positive breast cancer had the highest rate of immune response to treatment with trastuzumab, with a significant increase after just 1 dose of the drug.
Research in mouse models has identified molecules that can bind to cancer cells and induce apoptosis.
Trastuzumab significantly improves the long-term survival of HER-2 positive breast cancer patients, according to a large national study.
Researchers have found that subcutaneous trastuzumab has a similar safety profile and similar event-free survival rate with intravenous trastuzumab.
The addition of trastuzumab to chemotherapy significantly improved the overall and disease-free survival of women with early stage HER2-positive breast cancer.
Herceptin in addition to chemotherapy boosts survival, reduces risk of cancer recurrence
Adjuvant Lapatinib and/or Trastuzumab Treatment Optimization (ALTTO) study confirms use of trastuzumab for HER2-positive breast cancerOctober 07, 2014
The use of trastuzumab (Herceptin) as the standard-of-care treatment for HER2-positive breast cancer has been supported by the Adjuvant Lapatinib and/or Trastuzumab Treatment Optimization (ALTTO) study.
In women with advanced (or metastatic) breast cancer, treatment with the breast cancer drug trastuzumab is associated with prolonged survival but also increases the risk of developing heart problems
Women with HER2-positive breast cancer who had the highest levels of immune cells in their tumors gained the most benefit from presurgery treatment with chemotherapy and trastuzumab. These results were presented at the 2013 San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium.
A new approach selectively permeabilizes the blood-brain barrier at sites of brain metastases, even those 200 times smaller than currently detectable in the clinic.
Some patients with early breast cancer had a benefit in clinical response rate when everolimus was added to trastuzumab treatment, though the benefit was statistically nonsignificant. These puzzling results suggested that this benefit was independent of the molecular pathways that could be expected to be involved.
The monoclonal antibody trastuzumab (Herceptin) may be effective against HER2-negative breast cancers in addition to HER2-positive disease.
The protein HER2 plays a role even in breast cancers that would traditionally be categorized as HER2-negative. The drug trastuzumab (Herceptin), which targets HER2, may have an even greater role for treating breast cancer and preventing its spread.
- Immunotherapy May Benefit Some Patients with Papillary Thyroid Carcinoma
- New Study Questions Standard Dosage for Treating Metastatic Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer
- Superior Tolerability, Efficacy With Alectinib in Treatment-Naïve ALK-poistive NSCLC
- Adding Pertuzumab to Adjuvant Therapy Is Beneficial for Some Women with Early Breast Cancer
- Clinical Trials May Benefit Oncology Patients
- Survivorship Care Plans: Providing A Blueprint for Health Care After Cancer
- Cancer Recurrence Fear Reduced by Novel Psychological Intervention
- Multifaceted Role of the Nurse Navigator Includes Palliative, Supportive Care
- Patient Navigators Found to Boost Lung Cancer Screening Rates
- Breast Cancer Diagnosis and Nurse Navigation Survey
- Radiotherapy is Essential in Treating Brain Tumors But Associated With Significant Adverse Events
- Prostate-specific PET and CT Imaging Improves Detection of Disease and Patient Care
- Lenvatinib Improves OS, PFS in Radioiodine-Refractory Differentiated Thyroid Cancer in All Older Patients
- Breast Cancer Overdiagnosis Also a Result of Screening Mammography Programs
- Use of Aspirin, NSAIDs Correlates with Improved Overall Survival in Colorectal Cancer
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|