Generic Name and Formulations:
Linagliptin 5mg; tabs.
Boehringer Ingelheim and Lilly
Indications for TRADJENTA:
Adjunct to diet and exercise in type 2 diabetes mellitus, as monotherapy or combination therapy.
Limitations Of use:
Not for treatment of type 1 diabetes or diabetic ketoacidosis. Not studied in patients with a history of pancreatitis.
5mg once daily.
<18yrs: not established.
Consider risks/benefits in patients with known risk factors for heart failure; monitor for signs/symptoms; evaluate and consider discontinuing if develops. Monitor for signs/symptoms of pancreatitis, serious hypersensitivity reactions, severe joint pain, or bullous pemphigoid; discontinue if suspected or occurs. History of angioedema to other DPP-4 inhibitors. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Antagonized by strong P-gp or CYP3A4 inducers (eg, rifampin); consider alternatives to linagliptin if used in combination. May need lower dose of concomitant sulfonylurea or insulin to reduce risk of hypoglycemia.
Dipeptidyl peptidase-4 (DPP-4) inhibitor.
Nasopharyngitis, diarrhea, cough, hypoglycemia; hypersensitivity reactions (eg, anaphylaxis, urticaria, angioedema, exfoliative skin conditions, bronchial hyperreactivity), myalgia, pancreatitis, severe and disabling arthralgia, bullous pemphigoid.
Enterohepatic (80%), renal (5%).
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Aggressive Therapy Provides No Additional Advantage in Metastatic Prostate Cancer
- Excretion of Volatile Organic Compounds Higher in AYAs Using Vaping Products
- FDA, ASHP Actions to Prevent or Manage Chemotherapy Drug Shortages
- Breast Cancer Screening Recommendations Not Completely Reflective of Race, Age
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Metformin Plus Ruxolitinib: A Potential Therapeutic Alternative for Myeloproliferative Neoplasms
- Sexual Quality of Life Decreased During, After Chemotherapy for Digestive Cancers
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- Approach and Management of Checkpoint Inhibitor-related Immune Hepatitis
- Revised AJCC8 Demonstrates Superior Tumor Classification for HNCSCC
- Oral Androgen Receptor Inhibitor Granted FDA Approval for Nonmetastatic CRPC
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|