Tolmetin 600mg Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Tolmetin sodium 600mg; tabs; contains sodium 54mg/tab.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Tolmetin 600mg:
Relief of signs and symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis. Treatment of acute flares and the long-term management of the chronic disease. Treatment of juvenile rheumatoid arthritis.
Initially 400mg 3 times daily. Maintenance: 600–1800mg daily in divided doses; max 1800mg/day.
<2yrs: not recommended. ≥2yrs: Initially 20mg/kg/day in divided doses (3–4 times daily). Maintenance: usual dose range: 15–30mg/kg/day; max 30mg/kg/day.
Aspirin allergy. Coronary artery bypass graft surgery.
Advanced renal disease: not recommended. Hypertension; monitor. CHF. Edema. Asthma. History of ulcer disease or GI bleeding. Bleeding disorders. Dehydration. Monitor blood, hepatic, and renal function in chronic use. Elderly. Debilitated. Labor & delivery. Pregnancy (Cat. C: <30 weeks gestation; Cat. D: ≥30 weeks gestation: avoid). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Avoid aspirin. May antagonize ACE inhibitors, diuretics. Increased risk of GI bleed with oral corticosteroids, anticoagulants (monitor), alcohol, smoking. Methotrexate excretion reduced. Increases lithium levels.
GI upset, abdominal pain, dyspepsia, flatulence, headache, asthenia, elevated BP, edema, dizziness, weight gain, weight loss; rash (discontinue if occurs), GI ulcer/bleed, elevated liver enzymes (discontinue if hepatotoxicity develops), blood dyscrasias, renal papillary necrosis. See literature re: risk of cardiovascular events.
Formerly known under the brand name Tolectin 600.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Aggressive Therapy Provides No Additional Advantage in Metastatic Prostate Cancer
- Excretion of Volatile Organic Compounds Higher in AYAs Using Vaping Products
- FDA, ASHP Actions to Prevent or Manage Chemotherapy Drug Shortages
- Risk for Cardiovascular Disease Higher in Survivors of Testicular Cancer
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Metformin Plus Ruxolitinib: A Potential Therapeutic Alternative for Myeloproliferative Neoplasms
- Sexual Quality of Life Decreased During, After Chemotherapy for Digestive Cancers
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- Approach and Management of Checkpoint Inhibitor-related Immune Hepatitis
- Revised AJCC8 Demonstrates Superior Tumor Classification for HNCSCC
- Oral Androgen Receptor Inhibitor Granted FDA Approval for Nonmetastatic CRPC
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|