Ceritinib is a kinase inhibitor indicated for the treatment of patients with ALK-positive metastatic NSCLC who have progressed on or are intolerant to crizotinib; in this study, researchers determined the efficacy of ceritinib in patients with untreated ALK-rearranged NSCLC.
A review of adverse effects and recommended management for 3 kinase inhibitors indicated for the treatment of gastrointestinal cancers.
The addition of vandetanib to a platinum agent and etoposide did not improve time to progression or overall survival in patients with newly diagnosed extensive-stage SCLC.
Patients with medullary thyroid cancer who harbor RET M918T or RAS mutations may derive greater clinical benefit from cabozantinib compared with patients who do not have those genetic mutations.
Patients with metastatic non-small cell lung cancer demonstrated prolonged median progression-free survival with the administration of erlotinib below the maximum tolerated dose.
Presence of certain microRNAs (miRNAs) is predictive of response to TKIs and prognosis for patients with metastatic renal cell carcinoma (mRCC).
For patients with chronic myeloid leukemia treated with lifelong targeted therapies, social support is crucial for maintaining psychological well-being.
Hyperfractionated cyclophosphamide, vincristine, doxorubicin, and dexamethasone (hyper-CVAD) plus ponatinib appears to be superior to hyper-CVAD plus dasatinib for the frontline treatment of patients with Philadelphia chromosome-positive ALL.
Cobimetinib in combination with vemurafenib as a standard first-line approach improves survival in patients with BRAF V600 mutation-positive melanoma, updated results of the coBRIM study.
Tyrosine Kinase Inhibitor Therapy Can Be Safely Stopped in Select Patients With CML in Chronic PhaseJuly 29, 2016
A high percentage of patients with CML treated with TKIs achieve deep molecular responses and can safely stop therapy. Initials results of the EURO-SKI trial define prognostic markers that indicate durability of deep molecular responses after stopping TKI therapy.
A study examined the impact of post-transplant maintenance TKIs on patients with Ph+ acute lymphoblastic leukemia and chronic myeloid leukemia.
Incorporating a modified MASCC grading tool for evaluating epidermal growth factor receptor inhibitor (EGFRI) toxicities and quality of life improved the rate of skin assessments and documentation.
Cola consumption resulted in a clinically relevant increase in the absorption of the kinase inhibitor erlotinib in patients also taking the proton pump inhibitor (PPI) esomeprazole, according to study data.
- Cholesterol-Lowering Drugs May Prevent Breast Cancer Recurrence
- BBD Regimen Efficacious as First-line Therapy for Myeloma
- Idelalisib Increases Progression-Free Survival in Patients with Relapsed or Refractory Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Trends in Behaviors, Medical Practice Indicate Mortality From Melanoma Will Decline
- Pembrolizumab Active Against Rare Melanoma, Extends Survival in Bladder Cancer
- Survivors Reporting Chronic Neuropathic Pain Struggle to Retain Jobs
- Timing of Chemotherapy Infusion Affects Inflammatory Response to Chemotherapy
- Postoperative Gemcitabine Plus Capecitabine: A New Standard of Care for Pancreatic Cancer
- Blood-Forming Stem Cell Transplants (Fact Sheet)
- Nut Consumption Inversely Associated With Lung Cancer Risk
- Best Approach to Infection and Tumor Treatment: Contain or Eliminate?
- Decipher Genomic Classifier Prognostic for Distant Prostate Metastasis
- GUCS 2017: Adjuvant Trials in Post-radical Prostatectomy Prostate Cancer Feasible
- Annual Screening of High-Risk Smokers Only More Cost-effective Than Current Methods
- Blood Test Predicts Stem Cell Transplant Success in Myelodysplastic Syndrome
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|