Generic Name and Formulations:
Timolol maleate 0.25%, 0.5%; oph gel forming soln.
Valeant Pharmaceuticals, Inc
Indications for TIMOPTIC-XE:
Elevated intraocular pressure in ocular hypertension or open-angle glaucoma.
Invert closed bottle and shake once before each use. 1 drop once daily. Give other oph. drugs at least 10 minutes before.
Greater than 1st-degree AV block. Uncompensated cardiac failure. Cardiogenic shock. Sinus bradycardia. History of bronchospasm. Bronchial asthma. Severe COPD.
Not for use as sole agent in angle-closure glaucoma. Poor cardiac reserve should be controlled with digitalis and diuretics. Diabetes. Presbyopia. May mask hypoglycemia or thyrotoxicosis. Myasthenia gravis. Cerebrovascular insufficiency. Measure intraocular pressure after 4 weeks of treatment. Avoid abrupt cessation. Discontinue at 1st sign of cardiac failure and before surgery. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
May potentiate systemic β-blockers, reserpine, hypoglycemics and mydriatic effect of topical epinephrine. Additive cardiac and pulmonary effects with anticholinesterase miotics. May antagonize bronchodilation from β-adrenergic agonists. May cause conduction defects with calcium channel blockers, digoxin. May be potentiated by CYP2D6 inhibitors (eg, quinidine, SSRIs).
Ocular irritation, sensitization, rash, dizziness, blurred vision, corneal anesthesia, headache, GI upset, paresthesias. Systemic β-blocker effects (bradycardia, arrhythmias, hypotension, bronchospasm, heart failure). Aphakic maculopathy (rare).
Soln—contact supplier; Ocudose—60; XE—2.5mL, 5mL
- Neurotoxicity After CAR T-cell Therapy May Be Associated With Endothelial Activation
- Navigation Programs Most Effective in Increasing Follow-up Colonoscopy
- New Class of Clinical Trial Enhances Research on Cancer Care Delivery
- Nivolumab Provides Better Long-Term Efficacy Compared With Docetaxel in NSCLC
- Prophylactic Prochloperazine Ineffective for Opioid-induced Nausea/Vomiting in Cancer
- Anticancer Properties of The Probiotic Kefir: A Review
- Combining Radiation, Immunotherapy: An Emerging Challenge for Oncology Nursing
- Navigating the Transition From Treatment to Breast Cancer Survivor
- Naldemedine Effective for Opioid-Induced Constipation in Cancer Pain
- Disruptions to Circadian Rhythm Linked to Prostate Cancer Surgery Regret
- A Case of Immunotherapy-Induced Myocarditis Concomitant to MG in Lung Cancer
- Daily Aspirin Reduced Risk of HBV-Related Hepatocellular Carcinoma
- Lanreotide Effectively Controls Diarrhea, Flushing in Neuroendocrine Tumors
- Case Report of a KIT-mutated Melanoma Patient With an Excellent Response to Apatinib and Temozolomide Combination Therapy
- Novel Predictive Model More Effectively Identifies Risk for Lung Cancer
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|