Ticlopidine HCl Tablets Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Ticlopidine HCl 250mg; tabs.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Ticlopidine HCl Tablets:
To reduce the risk of thrombotic stroke in selected patients intolerant of aspirin.
250mg twice daily with food.
Hematopoietic disorders including neutropenia, thrombocytopenia, or history of thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura (TTP). Hemostatic or active bleeding disorders. Severe hepatic impairment.
Monitor for hematologic toxicity at baseline, every 2 weeks for the first 3 months, and for 2 weeks after discontinuation; test more frequently if signs of hematological changes occur. Discontinue if neutropenia or TTP occur. Renal or hepatic impairment. Bleeding risk (eg, ulcers). Discontinue 10–14 days before surgery. Hyperlipidemia. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Discontinue anticoagulants, fibrinolytics before use. Avoid aspirin. Potentiates aspirin, NSAIDs, anticoagulants, antipyrine, theophylline. Antacids reduce absorption. May be potentiated by cimetidine. Monitor phenytoin. May antagonize digoxin. Caution with propranolol, drugs that increase risk of bleeding, and drugs metabolized by CYP450.
Platelet aggregation inhibitor.
Diarrhea, GI upset, rash, neutropenia, pruritus, dizziness, anorexia, abnormal liver function tests, bleeding complications, hyperlipidemia, TTP, aplastic anemia, agranulocytosis, other blood dyscrasis, jaundice.
Formerly known under the brand name Ticlid.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Aggressive Therapy Provides No Additional Advantage in Metastatic Prostate Cancer
- Excretion of Volatile Organic Compounds Higher in AYAs Using Vaping Products
- FDA, ASHP Actions to Prevent or Manage Chemotherapy Drug Shortages
- Risk for Cardiovascular Disease Higher in Survivors of Testicular Cancer
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Metformin Plus Ruxolitinib: A Potential Therapeutic Alternative for Myeloproliferative Neoplasms
- Sexual Quality of Life Decreased During, After Chemotherapy for Digestive Cancers
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- Approach and Management of Checkpoint Inhibitor-related Immune Hepatitis
- Revised AJCC8 Demonstrates Superior Tumor Classification for HNCSCC
- Oral Androgen Receptor Inhibitor Granted FDA Approval for Nonmetastatic CRPC
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|