THYROLAR 3 Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Liotrix (contains liothyronine sodium (T3) 37.5mcg and levothyroxine sodium (T4) 150mcg); tabs.
Indications for THYROLAR 3:
Hypothyroidism: initially one tab of Thyrolar 1/2 daily (long-standing myxedema: initially one tab of Thyrolar 1/4 daily); increase by one tab of Thyrolar 1/4 every 2–3 weeks; usual maintenance: one tab of Thyrolar 1 to one tab of Thyrolar 2 daily. Myxedema coma: see literature.
Hypothyroidism: <6months: one tab of Thyrolar 1/4 to one tab of Thyrolar 1/2 daily. 6–12months: one tab of Thyrolar 1/2 to one tab of Thyrolar 1/2 + one tab of Thyrolar 1/4 daily; 1–5yrs: one tab of Thyrolar 1/2 + one tab of Thyrolar 1/4 to one tab of Thyrolar 1 daily; 6–12yrs: one tab of Thyrolar 1 to one tab of Thyrolar 1 + one tab of Thyrolar 1/2 daily; >12yrs: more than one tab of Thyrolar 1 + one tab of Thyrolar 1/2 daily.
Uncorrected adrenocortical insufficiency. Untreated thyrotoxicosis.
Not for treatment of obesity. Cardiovascular disease, angina, elderly: use lower initial dose. Adrenocortical insufficiency. Monitor for craniosynostosis in infants. Pregnancy (Cat. A). Nursing mothers.
Monitor oral anticoagulants, hypoglycemics. Estrogens affect thyroid function tests. Toxicity with larger doses of sympathomimetics (e.g., anorectics).
T3 and T4 (synthetic).
Hyperthyroidism; transient hair loss in children.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Aggressive Therapy Provides No Additional Advantage in Metastatic Prostate Cancer
- Excretion of Volatile Organic Compounds Higher in AYAs Using Vaping Products
- FDA, ASHP Actions to Prevent or Manage Chemotherapy Drug Shortages
- Breast Cancer Screening Recommendations Not Completely Reflective of Race, Age
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Metformin Plus Ruxolitinib: A Potential Therapeutic Alternative for Myeloproliferative Neoplasms
- Sexual Quality of Life Decreased During, After Chemotherapy for Digestive Cancers
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- Approach and Management of Checkpoint Inhibitor-related Immune Hepatitis
- Revised AJCC8 Demonstrates Superior Tumor Classification for HNCSCC
- Oral Androgen Receptor Inhibitor Granted FDA Approval for Nonmetastatic CRPC
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|