The Total Patient
A London hospice facility's experiment with virtual reality offers patients at the end of life the chance to explore the world beyond their bed.
American Cancer Society (ACS) program teaches patients with cancer how to repair their physical image when faced with the changes in their appearance brought on by cancer treatments.
A new meta-analysis examines the impact of palliative care services on patients' and caregivers' quality of life and outcomes.
A new card game helps patients and caregivers broach the difficult subject of end-of-life wishes and prioritize what's most important in their planning.
Oncology nurses face a difficult challenge in getting patients to consider palliative care because despite knowing that palliative care is comfort care, many patients and caregivers still equate it with end of life.
Despite the benefits of early palliative care intervention, palliative care is less frequently employed at the emergency department. Researchers sought to evaluate patient outcomes related to ED palliative care.
Cancer patients in their last weeks of life may have end-of-life experiences, including dreams and visions. A study from researchers at a hospice found that these events are an important part of a patient's dying process.
In a novel 2-year fellowship, senior college students serve as lay-navigators then continue on to work solutions to the challenges facing cancer patients.
Psychosocial support for donor siblings of bone marrow transplant patients is a significant part of the care provided by the transplant team.
Following the call to arms of the Institute of Medicine's landmark report on the impact of medical errors, a multidisciplinary team of health care providers turn the focus toward emotional harms to patients.
- Acupuncture an Effective Alternative Treatment for Cancer-Related Fatigue
- Compound in Teas, Peas, Soybeans May Increases Prostate Cancer Risk
- Response to Anemia Treatment Differs in Lymphoma, Multiple Myeloma
- Fertility Preservation in Male Adolescents and Young Adults With Cancer
- Social, Psychiatric Variables Reduce Cognitive Functioning, QoL in HNC
- HPV and Cancer (Fact Sheet)
- Pain Control More Easily Achieved With Nurse-Led Education in Bone Metastases
- Using Nutrition-Based Strategies to Manage Adverse Effects of Cancer
- Palliative Care Associated With Decreased Costs For Patients With Advanced Cancer
- A Case of Immunotherapy-Induced Myocarditis Concomitant to MG in Lung Cancer
- Online Learning Modules Improve Exercise Counseling, But Not Participation
- ASCO Issues Statement Addressing Alcohol and Cancer
- Duloxetine May Improve AI-Associated Joint Pain in Early Stage Breast Cancer
- Axillary Lymph Node Dissection Predictive for Lymphedema in Breast Cancer
- Drug Combination Does Not Extend Glioblastoma Survival
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|