The Total Patient
A kind gesture toward friends during their chemotherapy infusions developed into a support organization that helps patients pass the time during their treatment.
A palliative care family meeting is an opportunity for the significant players in a patient's cancer journey to discuss the care plan. The oncology nurse has a pivotal role in ensuring the meeting effectively addresses any potential needs of the patient, caregiver, or family.
A London hospice facility's experiment with virtual reality offers patients at the end of life the chance to explore the world beyond their bed.
American Cancer Society (ACS) program teaches patients with cancer how to repair their physical image when faced with the changes in their appearance brought on by cancer treatments.
A new meta-analysis examines the impact of palliative care services on patients' and caregivers' quality of life and outcomes.
A new card game helps patients and caregivers broach the difficult subject of end-of-life wishes and prioritize what's most important in their planning.
Oncology nurses face a difficult challenge in getting patients to consider palliative care because despite knowing that palliative care is comfort care, many patients and caregivers still equate it with end of life.
Despite the benefits of early palliative care intervention, palliative care is less frequently employed at the emergency department. Researchers sought to evaluate patient outcomes related to ED palliative care.
Cancer patients in their last weeks of life may have end-of-life experiences, including dreams and visions. A study from researchers at a hospice found that these events are an important part of a patient's dying process.
In a novel 2-year fellowship, senior college students serve as lay-navigators then continue on to work solutions to the challenges facing cancer patients.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- A Witness to Letting Go: Nursing Care at the End of Life
- Medical Terms in Patient Education: Using the Confusing to Explain the Complicated
- Sexual Quality of Life Decreased During, After Chemotherapy for Digestive Cancers
- Androgen-Deprivation Therapy for Prostate Cancer May Cause Nocturia, Sleep Disturbance
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Ciprofloxacin Plus Doxycycline Reduces Infection Rate in Multiple Myeloma Post-ASCT
- Prognostic Significance of Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor Expression in Glioma Patients
- Fathers Can Pass Inherited Ovarian Cancer Risk to Daughters
- Modified XELIRI Noninferior to FOLFIRI for OS in Metastatic Colorectal Cancer
- Nabilone Improves Cancer-Associated Anorexia in Lung Cancer
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|