The Total Patient
In a novel 2-year fellowship, senior college students serve as lay-navigators then continue on to work solutions to the challenges facing cancer patients.
Psychosocial support for donor siblings of bone marrow transplant patients is a significant part of the care provided by the transplant team.
Following the call to arms of the Institute of Medicine's landmark report on the impact of medical errors, a multidisciplinary team of health care providers turn the focus toward emotional harms to patients.
Effective patient-centered palliative care is contingent on access to supportive care, which may be lacking in rural areas. In this pilot program, researchers demonstrated a model that bridges that gap.
A prison environment is a challenging place in which to provide compassionate end-of-life care. The Louisiana correctional system looks within its walls for people who can handle the job.
Listening to music or audiobooks has a profound impact on postoperative pain perception in children. The benefit is increased when the patients are allowed to choose their own music or stories.
A palliative care specialist uses crowdfunding and teleconferencing to build a practice that delivers palliative care to patients far away from institutional medicine.
A recent study demonstrates cost efficiencies seen in patients with cancer who enrolled in the Medicare hospice program. It also offers explanations for why more patients may not be using the program.
A medical center in New Jersey makes the most of a rare opportunity to rebuild from the ground up. Its innovative patient rooms follow evidence-based design, a new concept in health care architecture.
A novel program helps patients with cancer eat better by helping them grow their own fruits and vegetables.
- Chemo, Tamoxifen May Increase VTE Risk Among Patients With Breast Cancer
- Many Patients With HR+ Disease Receive Initial Palliative Chemotherapy, Despite Worse Outcomes
- Risk of Some Cancers Modestly Increased in Persons Who Had Herpes Zoster
- Different Types of Ovarian Cancer Have Different Causes
- Targeted Treatment Produces Rapid Shrinkage of Recurrent BRAF-mutant Brain Tumor
- Breastfeeding Associated With A Reduced Risk of Aggressive Breast Cancer
- Hospitals Should Enact Bereavement Programs, Researchers Urge
- Physical Activity Communications Should be Part of Oncology Care Clinic Visits With Patients
- Communication Practices of Many US Physicians May Be Discouraging HPV Vaccination
- Navigation Program Tackles Cancer Care on Two Fronts
- Suicides Significantly Higher Among Patients With Head and Neck Cancers
- No Racial Disparities in ODX Testing for Node-Negative Breast Cancer
- Weight Loss Counseling Effective in Breast Cancer Survivors
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Associated With Anastrozole for Prevention of Breast Cancer
- Existing Drug May Limit Recurrence and Metastasis of Glioblastoma Multiforme
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|