The Total Patient
Oncology nurses face a difficult challenge in getting patients to consider palliative care because despite knowing that palliative care is comfort care, many patients and caregivers still equate it with end of life.
Despite the benefits of early palliative care intervention, palliative care is less frequently employed at the emergency department. Researchers sought to evaluate patient outcomes related to ED palliative care.
Cancer patients in their last weeks of life may have end-of-life experiences, including dreams and visions. A study from researchers at a hospice found that these events are an important part of a patient's dying process.
In a novel 2-year fellowship, senior college students serve as lay-navigators then continue on to work solutions to the challenges facing cancer patients.
Psychosocial support for donor siblings of bone marrow transplant patients is a significant part of the care provided by the transplant team.
Following the call to arms of the Institute of Medicine's landmark report on the impact of medical errors, a multidisciplinary team of health care providers turn the focus toward emotional harms to patients.
Effective patient-centered palliative care is contingent on access to supportive care, which may be lacking in rural areas. In this pilot program, researchers demonstrated a model that bridges that gap.
A prison environment is a challenging place in which to provide compassionate end-of-life care. The Louisiana correctional system looks within its walls for people who can handle the job.
Listening to music or audiobooks has a profound impact on postoperative pain perception in children. The benefit is increased when the patients are allowed to choose their own music or stories.
A palliative care specialist uses crowdfunding and teleconferencing to build a practice that delivers palliative care to patients far away from institutional medicine.
- Novel Colonoscopy Prep Is Poised to Improve Screening Rates for Colon Cancer
- PPIs Negatively Impact Outcomes of Patients Treated With Capecitabine
- How Physical Changes From Breast Cancer Affect Self-Image: Considerations for Clinicians
- Panobinostat Modestly Improves OS in Relapsed Multiple Myeloma
- Short-Term Intervention May Have Long-term Diet Effect in Hispanic Breast Cancer Survivors
- Overall Benefits of Vaporized Nicotine Products Outweigh Harms, Says International Panel of Experts
- Sugar and Cancer: Mitigating the Affects of Diet on Cancer
- Nurse Residency Programs Can Impact Oncology Nursing Practice, Outcomes
- Implementing a Distress Screening Process for Cancer Patients
- Initiating Palliative Care in the Emergency Department
- Atypical Teratoid/rhabdoid Tumors: Challenges and Search for Solutions
- New Research Identifies Potential Bladder Cancer Chemotherapy Side Effect
- Pseudohyperkalemia: False Potassium Levels Occur in a Patient With Lymphoma
- Atezolizumab Granted FDA Approval for Specific Cases of NSCLC
- Low-Dose Sublingual Fentanyl Safe, Effective in Patients Receiving Lower Opioid Doses
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|