The Total Patient
Despite the benefits of early palliative care intervention, palliative care is less frequently employed at the emergency department. Researchers sought to evaluate patient outcomes related to ED palliative care.
Cancer patients in their last weeks of life may have end-of-life experiences, including dreams and visions. A study from researchers at a hospice found that these events are an important part of a patient's dying process.
In a novel 2-year fellowship, senior college students serve as lay-navigators then continue on to work solutions to the challenges facing cancer patients.
Psychosocial support for donor siblings of bone marrow transplant patients is a significant part of the care provided by the transplant team.
Following the call to arms of the Institute of Medicine's landmark report on the impact of medical errors, a multidisciplinary team of health care providers turn the focus toward emotional harms to patients.
Effective patient-centered palliative care is contingent on access to supportive care, which may be lacking in rural areas. In this pilot program, researchers demonstrated a model that bridges that gap.
A prison environment is a challenging place in which to provide compassionate end-of-life care. The Louisiana correctional system looks within its walls for people who can handle the job.
Listening to music or audiobooks has a profound impact on postoperative pain perception in children. The benefit is increased when the patients are allowed to choose their own music or stories.
A palliative care specialist uses crowdfunding and teleconferencing to build a practice that delivers palliative care to patients far away from institutional medicine.
A recent study demonstrates cost efficiencies seen in patients with cancer who enrolled in the Medicare hospice program. It also offers explanations for why more patients may not be using the program.
- Clinician Communication, Adherence to Protocols, and Presence of Pharmacists Improve Outcomes in ICUs
- Transforming the Care of Patients With Thyroid Cancer
- Immunotherapy Combination is Effective in Colorectal Cancer
- Comprehensive Mental Health Screening Recommended for Some Childhood Cancer Survivors
- Blood Biomarker Is Predictive of Risk for Colon Cancer Recurrence
- Overall Benefits of Vaporized Nicotine Products Outweigh Harms, Says International Panel of Experts
- Implementing a Distress Screening Process for Cancer Patients
- Initiating Palliative Care in the Emergency Department
- Exercise is as Effective in Treating Metastatic Prostate Cancer as Medication
- Cancer-related Neuropathy May Respond to Gene Therapy
- Tyrosine Kinase Inhibitor Therapy Can Be Safely Stopped in Select Patients With CML in Chronic Phase
- Systematic Palliative Care Provides Greater Improvement in Quality of Life for Patients with Pancreatic Cancer
- Adjuvant Therapy Improves Survival in Stage II Colon Cancer, Study Confirms
- Hybrid Immune Cells Have Antitumor Effects in Early Stage Lung Cancer
- Fertility Risk Assessment and Preservation in Male and Female Prepubertal and Adolescent Cancer Patients
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|