The Total Patient
Listening to music or audiobooks has a profound impact on postoperative pain perception in children. The benefit is increased when the patients are allowed to choose their own music or stories.
A palliative care specialist uses crowdfunding and teleconferencing to build a practice that delivers palliative care to patients far away from institutional medicine.
A recent study demonstrates cost efficiencies seen in patients with cancer who enrolled in the Medicare hospice program. It also offers explanations for why more patients may not be using the program.
A medical center in New Jersey makes the most of a rare opportunity to rebuild from the ground up. Its innovative patient rooms follow evidence-based design, a new concept in health care architecture.
A novel program helps patients with cancer eat better by helping them grow their own fruits and vegetables.
A major medical center in New York City uses a program of arts and music to help patients through their treatments. The program is even being used to give nurses a chance to de-stress.
Cognitive behavioral therapy can help patients with breast cancer undergoing radiotherapy to manage fatigue, often their most debilitating side effect.
A new study demonstrates that nonpharmaceutical techniques can resolve sleep disturbance and insomnia in patients with cancer.
Both patients and clinicians often confuse palliative care and hospice care. Palliative care clinicians offer 10 points to help explain the purpose of the former.
These programs are designed to help patients rebuild a positive self body image and cope with the physical effects of cancer and treatments.
- Angelina Jolie has ovaries, fallopian tubes removed over cancer concerns
- Counseling cancer patients on effective nutritional practices
- Childhood leukemia study reveals disease subtypes and new treatment options
- Radiation plus immunotherapy revs up immune system to better attack melanoma
- Chemotherapy before breast cancer surgery increases likelihood of breast-preserving procedure
- Scent-trained dog detects thyroid cancer in human urine samples
- Report shows U.S. cancer deaths on the decline
- Leafy green vegetables may slow mental deterioration
- Effective management of dietary cholesterol may prevent metastasis in patients with prostate cancer
- Risk of breast cancer in transgender persons studied in veterans
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|