The Total Patient
Despite the benefits of early palliative care intervention, palliative care is less frequently employed at the emergency department. Researchers sought to evaluate patient outcomes related to ED palliative care.
Cancer patients in their last weeks of life may have end-of-life experiences, including dreams and visions. A study from researchers at a hospice found that these events are an important part of a patient's dying process.
In a novel 2-year fellowship, senior college students serve as lay-navigators then continue on to work solutions to the challenges facing cancer patients.
Psychosocial support for donor siblings of bone marrow transplant patients is a significant part of the care provided by the transplant team.
Following the call to arms of the Institute of Medicine's landmark report on the impact of medical errors, a multidisciplinary team of health care providers turn the focus toward emotional harms to patients.
Effective patient-centered palliative care is contingent on access to supportive care, which may be lacking in rural areas. In this pilot program, researchers demonstrated a model that bridges that gap.
A prison environment is a challenging place in which to provide compassionate end-of-life care. The Louisiana correctional system looks within its walls for people who can handle the job.
Listening to music or audiobooks has a profound impact on postoperative pain perception in children. The benefit is increased when the patients are allowed to choose their own music or stories.
A palliative care specialist uses crowdfunding and teleconferencing to build a practice that delivers palliative care to patients far away from institutional medicine.
A recent study demonstrates cost efficiencies seen in patients with cancer who enrolled in the Medicare hospice program. It also offers explanations for why more patients may not be using the program.
- Overall Survival and Progression-Free Survival Are Improved With Ibrutinib for del17p CLL
- Imaging Technique Is Predictive of Immunotherapy Response in Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer
- Preoperative Breast MRI Affected by Patient Positioning
- Topical Skin Creams Are Effective in Treatment of Superficial Basal Cell Carcinoma
- Aspirin Use Found to Prevent Cholangiocarcinoma
- Exercise is as Effective in Treating Metastatic Prostate Cancer as Medication
- Walnut Consumption Changes Gut Microbiome, Decreases Growth of Colon Cancer in Mice
- Triple-Drug Therapy Produces Response in Triple-Negative Breast Cancer, Mouse Study Shows
- Vaccine Enters Phase I Study for Safety and Effectiveness in Multiple Myeloma
- Study Supports Increased Role for Surgery in Multimodality Therapy for Early Stage SCLC
- PET/CT Hybrid Imaging Technique Provides Accurate Guide for Prostate Cancer Biopsy
- Extent of Resection Influences Length of Progression-Free Survival in Glioblastoma
- Surgery Improves Survival in Metastatic Kidney Cancer, But Is Little Used
- Autologous Stem Cell Transplant Safe as Standard of Care in Patients With HIV-Associated Lymphoma
- Surgery Improves Quality of Life for Patients With Malignant Pleural Mesothelioma
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|