The Total Patient
Following the call to arms of the Institute of Medicine's landmark report on the impact of medical errors, a multidisciplinary team of health care providers turn the focus toward emotional harms to patients.
Effective patient-centered palliative care is contingent on access to supportive care, which may be lacking in rural areas. In this pilot program, researchers demonstrated a model that bridges that gap.
A prison environment is a challenging place in which to provide compassionate end-of-life care. The Louisiana correctional system looks within its walls for people who can handle the job.
Listening to music or audiobooks has a profound impact on postoperative pain perception in children. The benefit is increased when the patients are allowed to choose their own music or stories.
A palliative care specialist uses crowdfunding and teleconferencing to build a practice that delivers palliative care to patients far away from institutional medicine.
A recent study demonstrates cost efficiencies seen in patients with cancer who enrolled in the Medicare hospice program. It also offers explanations for why more patients may not be using the program.
A medical center in New Jersey makes the most of a rare opportunity to rebuild from the ground up. Its innovative patient rooms follow evidence-based design, a new concept in health care architecture.
A novel program helps patients with cancer eat better by helping them grow their own fruits and vegetables.
A major medical center in New York City uses a program of arts and music to help patients through their treatments. The program is even being used to give nurses a chance to de-stress.
Cognitive behavioral therapy can help patients with breast cancer undergoing radiotherapy to manage fatigue, often their most debilitating side effect.
- Breakthrough supportive care: Overcoming cancer anorexia/cachexia
- Study uses dog sledding to demonstrate benefits of adapted physical activities for children with cancer
- Even light drinking puts women at greater risk to develop cancer
- Efficacy and safety of docetaxel for advanced non-small-cell lung cancer: A meta-analysis of Phase III randomized controlled trials
- Cabozantinib granted Breakthrough Therapy Designation for kidney cancer
- Religiousness and spirituality have a significant impact on cancer patients' overall health and outcomes
- Dietary intervention primes triple-negative breast cancer cells for targeted therapy
- Lung cancer patients who stop smoking live longer
- Review examines strategies for hospital room surface cleanliness
- Appropriate use of tomosynthesis mammography
- Two-cycle technique improves determining optimal treatment doses in clinical trials
- Synchronous resection of primary colorectal tumor, liver metastases safe in some patients
- Prostate cancer not likely to be cause of death in men with low-risk disease
- Among patients with myeloma undergoing chemo, high exercise compliance linked with reduced fatigue
- Oral palonosetron noninferior to IV formulation for CINV prevention
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|