The Total Patient
Listening to music or audiobooks has a profound impact on postoperative pain perception in children. The benefit is increased when the patients are allowed to choose their own music or stories.
A palliative care specialist uses crowdfunding and teleconferencing to build a practice that delivers palliative care to patients far away from institutional medicine.
A recent study demonstrates cost efficiencies seen in patients with cancer who enrolled in the Medicare hospice program. It also offers explanations for why more patients may not be using the program.
A medical center in New Jersey makes the most of a rare opportunity to rebuild from the ground up. Its innovative patient rooms follow evidence-based design, a new concept in health care architecture.
A novel program helps patients with cancer eat better by helping them grow their own fruits and vegetables.
A major medical center in New York City uses a program of arts and music to help patients through their treatments. The program is even being used to give nurses a chance to de-stress.
Cognitive behavioral therapy can help patients with breast cancer undergoing radiotherapy to manage fatigue, often their most debilitating side effect.
A new study demonstrates that nonpharmaceutical techniques can resolve sleep disturbance and insomnia in patients with cancer.
Both patients and clinicians often confuse palliative care and hospice care. Palliative care clinicians offer 10 points to help explain the purpose of the former.
These programs are designed to help patients rebuild a positive self body image and cope with the physical effects of cancer and treatments.
- New treatment method shrinks ovarian cancer tumors and improves chemotherapy effectiveness
- Epigenetic signatures differentiate triple negative breast cancers
- Novel drug approved for multiple myeloma
- Women educated on overdiagnsosis are less likely to want mammogram
- Radiation therapy used most often for prostate cancer regardless of decision-making factors
- Farydak (panobinostat) now FDA-approved for multiple myeloma
- ASCO: Testicular cancer history may indicate greater risk of developing prostate cancer
- Urine test could help to guide treatment of bladder cancer
- Multiple studies are exploring whether e-cigarettes help smokers quit or continue smoking
- Study identifies reasons for ibrutinib discontinuation in patients with chronic lymphocytic leukemia
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|