The Total Patient
In a review of data from more than 20,000 veterans, researchers determined the effects of palliative care on suicide rates among veterans with advanced lung cancer.
Art as Palliative Care: Bedside Intervention Improves Pain, Anxiety, Mood in Hospitalized Cancer Patients
Results from a study on an innovative program from the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota, demonstrates the potential positive effects of providing hospitalized patients with brief one-on-one art lessons.
What matters most to me, who matters most to me, and what do I want in my last days? Letter-writing project is a tool for patients to communicate their wishes for their last days.
A kind gesture toward friends during their chemotherapy infusions developed into a support organization that helps patients pass the time during their treatment.
A palliative care family meeting is an opportunity for the significant players in a patient's cancer journey to discuss the care plan. The oncology nurse has a pivotal role in ensuring the meeting effectively addresses any potential needs of the patient, caregiver, or family.
A London hospice facility's experiment with virtual reality offers patients at the end of life the chance to explore the world beyond their bed.
American Cancer Society (ACS) program teaches patients with cancer how to repair their physical image when faced with the changes in their appearance brought on by cancer treatments.
A new meta-analysis examines the impact of palliative care services on patients' and caregivers' quality of life and outcomes.
A new card game helps patients and caregivers broach the difficult subject of end-of-life wishes and prioritize what's most important in their planning.
Oncology nurses face a difficult challenge in getting patients to consider palliative care because despite knowing that palliative care is comfort care, many patients and caregivers still equate it with end of life.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Leukemia Risk in Children, Maternal Use of Hormonal Contraception Linked in Population Study
- Molecular Features May Predict Response in Primary Pancreatic Cancer
- Medication, Vaccination Uptake Improved by Involving Pharmacists in Elder Cancer Care
- Commission Seeks Standardized Adverse Event Assessments in Hematologic Malignancies
- Chemoimmunotherapy prolongs PFS in metastatic triple-negative breast cancer
- Navigating Prostate Cancer: A Patient's Experience From Diagnosis to Survivor
- Cell Phones and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- How Likely Are Oncologists to Refer for Palliative Care? Depends on Their Age
- Use of Corticosteroids With PD-1 or PD-L1 Inhibitors Associated With Poorer Outcomes in NSCLC
- Chemoimmunotherapy Increases Survival in Triple-Negative Breast Cancer
- Dose-Escalation Mitigates Risk of Grade 3/4 Adverse Events With Ruxolitinib for Myelofibrosis
- Counseling Patients on Oral Chemotherapy
- Patients and Caregivers Worry About Cost of Cancer Care
- Stem Cell Transplantation Superior to Chemotherapy for Relapsed/Refractory DLBCL, Follicular Lymphoma
- Head and Neck Cancer Survivors Have Increased Suicide Risk
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|