Welcome to The Total Nurse: Caring for Self While Caring for OthersThis section is designed to provide information and tools to help with caring for the nurse's personal life. Caring for self may be the best thing nurses can do for their patients and their families. The editors of Oncology Nurse Advisor hope this section continues to grow and fulfill that need.
To that end, we invite nurses and other visitors to click here to send us their comments on whether we achieve that goal, or click on the icon below and complete our survey.
Featured Books for Oncology Nurses
Click here to see a full listing of books for the oncology nurse.
The various benefits of yoga can help nurses maintain mental and physical health.
These tips and resources can help oncology nurses and other clinicians ease the burden of caring for both parents and children.
Nurses should know these symptoms of cumulative stress, and learn these techniques for relieving it.
A listing of Web sites and online resources for nurse self-care.
As an oncology nurse, a good deal of your day is spent focused on the quality of life for your patients. But what do you do to improve the quality of your life?
The ability to transition is not generally viewed as a form of self-care, but the process of leaving our professional world and re-entering our personal world deserves attention.
The ability to recognize the symptoms and manage the consequences are critical to personal and professional health.
- Social Media Platforms Assist Cancer Patients During Treatment Journey in Many Ways
- Breast Cancer Tumors Often a Composite of Tumor Types, Enhancing Treatment Resistance
- Massage Therapy Promising for Pain, Anxiety in Patients With Cancer
- Early Tumor Size Change May Predict OS in Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Physical Activity May Reduce Mortality by 44% in Patients With Breast Cancer
- Exercise is as Effective in Treating Metastatic Prostate Cancer as Medication
- Walnut Consumption Changes Gut Microbiome, Decreases Growth of Colon Cancer in Mice
- Triple-Drug Therapy Produces Response in Triple-Negative Breast Cancer, Mouse Study Shows
- Vaccine Enters Phase I Study for Safety and Effectiveness in Multiple Myeloma
- Study Supports Increased Role for Surgery in Multimodality Therapy for Early Stage SCLC
- PMPS: A Common Late Effect of Surgery and Radiation for Breast Cancer
- TKIs Improve Overall Survival in NSCLC Patients With Leptomeningeal Metastases
- Risk for Adverse Pulmonary Events Higher in Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Patient Expectations Linked to Clinical Outcome from Endocrine Treatment
- Daratumumab Plus Len-Dex an Encouraging Combo for Multiple Myeloma
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|