Welcome to The Total Nurse: Caring for Self While Caring for OthersThis section is designed to provide information and tools to help with caring for the nurse's personal life. Caring for self may be the best thing nurses can do for their patients and their families. The editors of Oncology Nurse Advisor hope this section continues to grow and fulfill that need.
To that end, we invite nurses and other visitors to click here to send us their comments on whether we achieve that goal, or click on the icon below and complete our survey.
Featured Books for Oncology Nurses
Click here to see a full listing of books for the oncology nurse.
The various benefits of yoga can help nurses maintain mental and physical health.
These tips and resources can help oncology nurses and other clinicians ease the burden of caring for both parents and children.
Nurses should know these symptoms of cumulative stress, and learn these techniques for relieving it.
A listing of Web sites and online resources for nurse self-care.
As an oncology nurse, a good deal of your day is spent focused on the quality of life for your patients. But what do you do to improve the quality of your life?
The ability to transition is not generally viewed as a form of self-care, but the process of leaving our professional world and re-entering our personal world deserves attention.
The ability to recognize the symptoms and manage the consequences are critical to personal and professional health.
- Genetic Testing for Hereditary Cancer Syndromes (Fact Sheet)
- Sweeping prostate cancer review upends widely held belief on radiation after surgery
- Statin use inversely linked to risk of pancreatic cancer
- Survival longer in patients with early stage non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) with low tumor metabolic activity
- Promising drug offers new paradigm for treating leukemia
- Bedside Hand-off Reporting Improves Both Nursing and Patient Care
- 'Lean Six Sigma' Approach Raises Call Light Responsiveness Patient Satisfaction Scores
- Systematic Review Finds Limited Interventions for Treatment-related Symptoms in Ovarian Cancer
- Written Education Tool Improves Patient Satisfaction with Microvascular Reconstruction
- Patients Instructed on Home Injections Not More Confident When Simulation Was Added
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|