Welcome to The Total Nurse: Caring for Self While Caring for OthersThis section is designed to provide information and tools to help with caring for the nurse's personal life. Caring for self may be the best thing nurses can do for their patients and their families. The editors of Oncology Nurse Advisor hope this section continues to grow and fulfill that need.
To that end, we invite nurses and other visitors to click here to send us their comments on whether we achieve that goal, or click on the icon below and complete our survey.
Featured Books for Oncology Nurses
Click here to see a full listing of books for the oncology nurse.
The various benefits of yoga can help nurses maintain mental and physical health.
These tips and resources can help oncology nurses and other clinicians ease the burden of caring for both parents and children.
Nurses should know these symptoms of cumulative stress, and learn these techniques for relieving it.
A listing of Web sites and online resources for nurse self-care.
As an oncology nurse, a good deal of your day is spent focused on the quality of life for your patients. But what do you do to improve the quality of your life?
The ability to transition is not generally viewed as a form of self-care, but the process of leaving our professional world and re-entering our personal world deserves attention.
The ability to recognize the symptoms and manage the consequences are critical to personal and professional health.
- Women educated on overdiagnsosis are less likely to want mammogram
- New treatment method shrinks ovarian cancer tumors and improves chemotherapy effectiveness
- Epigenetic signatures differentiate triple negative breast cancers
- Novel drug approved for multiple myeloma
- New mechanism of acquired resistance to breast cancer drugs discovered
- Black men have lower preference for investigation of prostate cancer
- ASCO: Active surveillance for prostate cancer may decrease survival odds for some
- Finding a qualified acupuncture practitioner
- Aluminum-containing deodorant safe for patients with breast cancer undergoing radiotherapy
- Suicide deemed public health concern in those with genitourinary cancers
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|