Generic Name and Formulations:
Hydrocortisone 2.5%; topical soln; paraben- and lipid-free.
Mission Pharmacal Company
Indications for TEXACORT:
Adults and Children:
Apply a thin film to affected area 3–4 times daily.
Treat infection if present; discontinue if infection persists or worsens. Avoid eyes. Systemic absorption increased by prolonged use, application to large surface area, or use of occlusive dressings. Discontinue or reduce dose or potency if HPA axis suppression, Cushing's syndrome, hyperglycemia, glucosuria, or irritation occurs. Use lowest effective dose and potency (esp. in children). Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Burning, itching, irritation, dryness, folliculitis, hypertrichosis, acneiform eruptions, hypopigmentation, perioral dermatitis, allergic contact dermatitis, skin maceration, secondary infection, skin atrophy, striae, miliaria; HPA axis suppression (esp. in children).
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Aggressive Therapy Provides No Additional Advantage in Metastatic Prostate Cancer
- Excretion of Volatile Organic Compounds Higher in AYAs Using Vaping Products
- FDA, ASHP Actions to Prevent or Manage Chemotherapy Drug Shortages
- Risk for Cardiovascular Disease Higher in Survivors of Testicular Cancer
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Metformin Plus Ruxolitinib: A Potential Therapeutic Alternative for Myeloproliferative Neoplasms
- Sexual Quality of Life Decreased During, After Chemotherapy for Digestive Cancers
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- Approach and Management of Checkpoint Inhibitor-related Immune Hepatitis
- Revised AJCC8 Demonstrates Superior Tumor Classification for HNCSCC
- Oral Androgen Receptor Inhibitor Granted FDA Approval for Nonmetastatic CRPC
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|