Generic Name and Formulations:
Aliskiren 150mg, 300mg; tabs.
Noden Pharma USA Inc.
Indications for TEKTURNA:
≥18yrs: initially 150mg once daily, may increase to 300mg once daily if BP not adequately controlled. May be given with other antihypertensives (see full labeling).
<18yrs: not established.
Concomitant ARBs or ACEIs in diabetes.
Fetal toxicity may develop; discontinue if pregnancy is detected. Correct salt/volume depletion before starting therapy or start under close supervision. Discontinue if angioedema or laryngeal edema occurs (have SC epinephrine available). Moderate renal impairment (CrCl <60mL/min): avoid concomitant ARBs or ACEIs. Monitor BP, electrolytes, and renal function periodically. Consider withholding or discontinuing if significant renal dysfunction develops. Renal artery stenosis. Severe HF. Post-MI. Diabetes. Neonates. Pregnancy: avoid. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Avoid concomitant cyclosporine, itraconazole. Caution with NSAIDs, K+ supplements, K+ sparing diuretics, K+ containing salt substitutes; may cause hyperkalemia. May be antagonized by, and renal toxicity potentiated by NSAIDs (including COX-2 inhibitors): monitor renal function in elderly and/or volume-depleted. Dual inhibition of the renin-angiotensin system with ARBs or ACEIs may increase risk of hypotension, hyperkalemia, renal function changes. Concomitant furosemide; monitor. Decreased absorption with high fat meals.
Direct renin inhibitor.
Diarrhea, hypotension, cough, rash, edema, elevated uric acid, gout, renal stones; rare: angioedema.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Aggressive Therapy Provides No Additional Advantage in Metastatic Prostate Cancer
- Excretion of Volatile Organic Compounds Higher in AYAs Using Vaping Products
- FDA, ASHP Actions to Prevent or Manage Chemotherapy Drug Shortages
- Risk for Cardiovascular Disease Higher in Survivors of Testicular Cancer
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Metformin Plus Ruxolitinib: A Potential Therapeutic Alternative for Myeloproliferative Neoplasms
- Sexual Quality of Life Decreased During, After Chemotherapy for Digestive Cancers
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- Approach and Management of Checkpoint Inhibitor-related Immune Hepatitis
- Revised AJCC8 Demonstrates Superior Tumor Classification for HNCSCC
- Oral Androgen Receptor Inhibitor Granted FDA Approval for Nonmetastatic CRPC
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|