Generic Name and Formulations:
Ceftaroline fosamil 400mg, 600mg; per vial; pwd for IV infusion after reconstitution and dilution.
Indications for TEFLARO:
Susceptible bacterial community-acquired pneumonia and acute skin and skin structure infections.
≥18yrs: Give by IV infusion over 5–60mins. Treat skin and skin structure for 5–14 days; treat pneumonia for 5–7days. CrCl >50mL/min: 600mg every 12hrs. Renal impairment (CrCl >30–≤50mL/min): 400mg every 12hrs; (CrCl ≥15–≤30mL/min): 300mg every 12hrs; ESRD (including hemodialysis): 200mg every 12hrs (dose after dialysis on dialysis days).
<2mos: not established. Give by IV infusion over 5–60mins. 2mos–<2yrs: 8mg/kg every 8hrs. ≥2yrs–<18yrs (≤33kg): 12mg/kg every 8hrs; (>33kg): 400mg every 8hrs or 600mg every 12hrs. All: treat for 5–14 days.
Penicillin or other beta-lactam allergy. GI disease (esp. colitis). Monitor for hemolytic anemia. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
May cause false (+) direct Coomb's test.
Diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, pyrexia, rash; pseudomembranous colitis, superinfection.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Aggressive Therapy Provides No Additional Advantage in Metastatic Prostate Cancer
- Excretion of Volatile Organic Compounds Higher in AYAs Using Vaping Products
- FDA, ASHP Actions to Prevent or Manage Chemotherapy Drug Shortages
- Breast Cancer Screening Recommendations Not Completely Reflective of Race, Age
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Metformin Plus Ruxolitinib: A Potential Therapeutic Alternative for Myeloproliferative Neoplasms
- Sexual Quality of Life Decreased During, After Chemotherapy for Digestive Cancers
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- Approach and Management of Checkpoint Inhibitor-related Immune Hepatitis
- Revised AJCC8 Demonstrates Superior Tumor Classification for HNCSCC
- Oral Androgen Receptor Inhibitor Granted FDA Approval for Nonmetastatic CRPC
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|