Information patients find online can be a great concern for oncology nurses, especially when a diagnosis has an uncertain prognosis. In this follow-up study, researchers in Boston sought to determine the quality of the online resources patients with cancer, particularly pancreas, are finding.
NIH app provides patients with scientific, research-driven info on safety, side effects, and herb-drug interactions.
Medical students participating in this study were randomly assigned to either a rule-based or application group.
A newly developed web site, described in a presentation at the 2018 ONS Annual Congress, aims to help nurses and patients explore clinical trial options for patients with hematologic cancers.
Computer analysis is not better than human clinical evaluation when it comes to measuring breast densityMay 17, 2018
1. Similar associations were observed with clinical BI-RADS and automated BI-RADS with respect to interval and screen-detected cancer. 2. Both automated and clinical BI-RADS showed similar discriminatory accuracy and mammography accuracy. Evidence Rating Level: 2 (Good) Study Rundown: In the United States, the standard for monitoring breast density is through the Breast Imaging Reporting and 
Researchers explored the effectiveness of using a smartphone app to monitor adverse effects of patients with cancer undergoing treatment as part of a clinical trial.
Fifty-three percent of intervention participants used app to self-order a colorectal screening test.
1. Digital health intervention resulted in significantly higher colon cancer screening rates among participants. 2. No statistically significant relationship was observed between the digital health intervention and health literacy, income, or race and ethnicity. Evidence Rating Level: 1 (Excellent) Study Rundown: Colorectal cancer (CRC) is one of the leading causes of cancer in both men 
Two studies evaluate use of deep learning algorithm; one for breast cancer, the other for diabetic retinopathy
A team from Methodist Hospital Cancer Center discuss an app developed at the facility that helps breast cancer survivors with nutrition and physical activity at SABCS 2017.
The use of digital recording may aid in the transition from theory-based learning to practice.
A London hospice facility's experiment with virtual reality offers patients at the end of life the chance to explore the world beyond their bed.
Teenagers and young adults with cancer rated digital resources such as email, online information resources, and communication tools as critical to their lives. These patients would also utilize additional resources such as chat rooms and online counseling and support.
A tool called iCanDecide prepares patients for making decision about treatment better than static online information, study finds.
IBM Watson for Clinical Trial Matching compares study enrollment criteria with patient data in electronic medical records.
Patients with adherence problems were more likely to take their pills compared with those who received standard care.
Computer-generated diagnoses may mislead patients or parents, research indicates.
Follow-up via mobile app similar to in-person postoperative visits for low-risk ambulatory patients after breast reconstruction.
Nurse-guided and self-directed web-based symptom management interventions (WRITE Symptoms) improved symptom controllability among women with recurrent ovarian cancer.
Real-time reporting and integration of patient symptom reports into clinical practice could benefit patients, but practical obstacles remain.
Lung Cancer Navigator, a mobile, customizable app from LUNGEVITY, helps patients with lung cancer better understand their disease, manage medications, track symptoms, and access support.
An app developed to track posthospitalization progress and activity of patients with breast cancer, adding the information into patients' electronic health records in real time, was presented at SABCS 2016.
Smartphones can motivate patients to stay on track with lifestyle changes.
Social media has become a mainstay of day-to-day life. For patients with cancer, it can be a lifeline to unprecedented support that is unique to their needs.
Using an online decision-support tool led to most men with low-risk prostate cancer choosing active surveillance with less conflict about their decision.
Funding, informatics system, clinical data capture, and European data protection legislation were considered the greatest barriers to effective data sharing.
A Web application called Moovcare that guides follow-up improved survival for patients with advanced lung cancer after receiving initial therapy.
Although Drugs@FDA may be useful for validating trial primary outcomes found on ClinicalTrials.gov, Drugs@FDA lacked information on secondary outcomes and adverse events, including deaths, according to an analysis of data from 100 trials available on both websites.
A new material was developed to soak up chemotherapy drugs after the tumor is treated and before they can circulate throughout the body, potentially limiting the side effects of chemotherapy.
The addition of a patient navigation component to a population-based IT system boosted screening rates for breast cancer, cervical cancer, and colorectal cancer in patients at high risk for nonadherence.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Triplet Regimen Found Most Effective for Relapsed/Refractory Multiple Myeloma
- Integrating Preoperative Oral Care Into Cancer Treatment Plans
- Current Status and Dilemma of Second-line Treatment in Advanced Pancreatic Cancer: Is There a Silver Lining?
- American Association for Cancer Research Releases Its 2018 Annual Report
- Pulmonary Toxicity Increased in Pediatric Hodgkin Lymphoma Treated With Brentuximab Vedotin
- Benefit of Chemotherapy for Breast Cancer Observed With Midrange Gene Assay Score
- Antioxidant Interaction With Cancer Therapy
- Young Survivors of Breast Cancer Report Sexual Quality of Life Declines After Treatment
- Myeloablative Conditioning Effective in AML Secondary to MDS/MPN Prior to Allogeneic HCT
- Insurance Status Influences Overall Survival in Follicular Lymphoma
- Endocrine Society Released Guidelines for Managing Endocrine Disorders in Childhood Cancer Survivors
- Skin Cancer Screening: Are They Effective?
- Metronidazole, Vancomycin Recommended for C Difficile in Pediatric Oncology, HSCT
- CDC: HPV Vaccination Rates on the Rise Among Adolescents
- High-Dose vs Standard-Dose Flu Vaccine in Elderly Receiving Chemotherapy
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|