Generic Name and Formulations:
Dimethyl fumarate 120mg, 240mg; del-rel caps.
Indications for TECFIDERA:
Treatment of patients with relapsing forms of multiple sclerosis.
Swallow whole. Initially 120mg twice daily for 7 days, then increase to maintenance dose of 240mg twice daily. If maintenance dose not tolerated, temporarily reduce back to initial dose. Within 4 weeks, resume maintenance dose; if not tolerated, consider discontinuing.
Obtain a CBC including lymphocyte count prior to initiation, after 6 months, and every 6 to 12 months thereafter; consider interruption if lymphocyte counts < 0.5 X 109/L persist for >6 months. Serious infection; consider withholding until resolved. Pre-existing low lymphocyte counts (not studied). Monitor serum aminotransferase, alkaline phosphatase, and total bilirubin prior to initiation and during treatment; discontinue if significant liver injury is suspected. Discontinue if signs/symptoms of anaphylaxis or angioedema occurs. Withhold and evaluate at first sign/symptom suggestive of PML. Administration with non-enteric coated aspirin 325mg or food may reduce incidence of flushing. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Flushing, abdominal pain, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, pruritus, rash; lymphopenia, liver injury.
Starter Pack (30-day)—1 (120mg × 14 + 240mg × 46); Del-rel caps 120mg—14; 240mg—60
- Neurotoxicity After CAR T-cell Therapy May Be Associated With Endothelial Activation
- Navigation Programs Most Effective in Increasing Follow-up Colonoscopy
- New Class of Clinical Trial Enhances Research on Cancer Care Delivery
- Nivolumab Provides Better Long-Term Efficacy Compared With Docetaxel in NSCLC
- Prophylactic Prochloperazine Ineffective for Opioid-induced Nausea/Vomiting in Cancer
- Anticancer Properties of The Probiotic Kefir: A Review
- Navigating the Transition From Treatment to Breast Cancer Survivor
- Combining Radiation, Immunotherapy: An Emerging Challenge for Oncology Nursing
- Naldemedine Effective for Opioid-Induced Constipation in Cancer Pain
- Disruptions to Circadian Rhythm Linked to Prostate Cancer Surgery Regret
- Daily Aspirin Reduced Risk of HBV-Related Hepatocellular Carcinoma
- Lanreotide Effectively Controls Diarrhea, Flushing in Neuroendocrine Tumors
- Case Report of a KIT-mutated Melanoma Patient With an Excellent Response to Apatinib and Temozolomide Combination Therapy
- Novel Predictive Model More Effectively Identifies Risk for Lung Cancer
- Long-Term Eltrombopag Increases Platelet Counts, Decreases Bleeding in ITP
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|