New research has identified as few as nine genetic features would need to be tested to identify high-risk patients who might benefit from intensive myeloma treatment.
A new tool predicts what genetics are truly driving the cancer in any population of cells and helps the user choose the best kinase inhibitor to address the issue.
Targeted therapy for skin cancer is effective in patients with sonic hedgehog (SHH) subtype of medulloblastomaAugust 26, 2015
A targeted therapy already used to treat advanced skin cancer has also been found to be effective when used to treat the most common subtype of adult medulloblastoma.
A diet that starves triple-negative breast cancer cells of an essential nutrient primes the cancer cells to be more easily killed by targeted treatment.
New research indicates that treating patients with esophageal cancer with proton therapy produces fewer toxic side effects than utilizing older radiation therapies.
Researchers have reported safely using immune cells grown from patients' own bone marrow to treat multiple myeloma, according to clinical trial data.
Two new targeted treatments slow progression of chronic-lymphocytic leukemia (CLL) and non-Hodgkin's lymphoma.
Researchers have quantified the mutational profiles for cell clusters in individual colorectal cancer tumors that have metastasized.
A new strategy targeting a protein that drives melanoma growth has been proposed in a research report.
Trials results indicate that the pioneering drug olaparib, which targets inherited mutations, can be beneficial for men with prostate cancer.
Accurate administration of proton radiotherapy in mobile organs, such as the lung, can be difficult, but researchers have developed a model that will allow for better beam targeting.
Investigators have discovered one way in which melanoma becomes resistant to a particular form of targeted therapy, a discovery that may lead to a new melanoma target or prompt new designs for treatment.
A new triple combination therapy has shown signs that it can more effectively control advanced melanoma that previous, dual-therapy combinations.
A phase 3 trial of brentuximab vedotin (BV) showed that adults with hard-to-treat Hodgkin lymphoma given BV after stem cell transplantation survived without the disease progression for twice as long as when a placebo was administered.
A new online tool uses a patient's molecular characteristics and provides feedback from an expert panel to help oncologists with therapeutic decision-making for advanced non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC).
Working with cells taken from children with a rare form of brain cancer, scientists have identified a genetic pathway that may spur cancer cell growth and resistance to anticancer treatment.
Researchers have identified a new therapeutic target for a particularly aggressive form of ovarian cancer, opening the door to effective targeted therapy development.
Researchers have developed a device that uses electric fields to drive chemotherapy drugs through the protective barrier of tissue and directly into pancreatic tumors, preventing their growth.
The therapeutic agent SapC-DOPS may have use in lung cancer treatment, according to a new study .
A recent study suggests that targeting a key enzyme and its associated metabolic programming could lead to a novel drug development for lung cancer treatment.
Targeting a specific cell survival protein could be key to treating some lymphomas, including those with genetic defects that make them resistant to standard therapies.
Women with stage 1 HER2-positive breast tumors who received a combination of lower-intensity chemotherapy and a targeted drug following surgery were unlikely to suffer cancer recurrence within 3 years of treatment.
Researchers believe they may have found a molecule-based approach to halting the destructive quality of the 3q26.2 amplicon, a frequent chromosomal aberrations seen in many cancers, including ovarian and breast cancers.
An oral targeted agent has shown encouraging activity and limited side effects in patients with treatment-resistant or relapsed acute myelogenous leukemia (AML), according to research.
Patients with advanced leukemia, when treated with a new type of cancer therapy that blocks mutated IDH2 protein, showed dramatic results in a clinical trial.
A DNA vaccine targeting the breast cancer-associated antigen mammaglobin-A was proven safe and found to effectively elicit immune responses in women with metastatic breast cancer, according to a new study.
Researchers are now examining specific genetic mutations from a more Darwinian standpoint, to aid cancer treatment.
Personalized medicine is changing oncology nursing. This primer explains best practices for collecting and preparing biospecimens used to guide therapy.
- Study uses dog sledding to demonstrate benefits of adapted physical activities for children with cancer
- What are immune checkpoints and how do they work?
- Among patients with myeloma undergoing chemo, high exercise compliance linked with reduced fatigue
- Efficacy and safety of docetaxel for advanced non-small-cell lung cancer: A meta-analysis of Phase III randomized controlled trials
- New biomarker in breast and prostate cancer may help identify patients who will respond to taxanes
- Religiousness and spirituality have a significant impact on cancer patients' overall health and outcomes
- Dietary intervention primes triple-negative breast cancer cells for targeted therapy
- Lung cancer patients who stop smoking live longer
- Review examines strategies for hospital room surface cleanliness
- Appropriate use of tomosynthesis mammography
- Fungal infection drug for lung transplant recipients may increase cancer, death risk
- Long-term denosumab therapy safe for patients with breast, prostate cancer
- Children receiving intermediate, high dose MTX experience poor CINV control
- Variation in Medicare reimbursement for radiation therapy not attributed to patient or cancer characteristics
- Meta-analysis of postoperative adjuvant chemotherapy without radiotherapy in early stage non-small cell lung cancer
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|