SYNVISC ONE Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Hylan G-F 20 (hylan A and hylan B) 48mg; per 6mL; soln for intra-articular inj.
Sanofi Genzyme Company
Indications for SYNVISC ONE:
Treatment of pain in osteoarthritis of the knee in patients who have failed to respond adequately to conservative nonpharmacologic therapy and simple analgesics (eg, acetaminophen).
Remove synovial fluid or effusion before inj. Give as a single intra-articular inj. 6mL in one knee only.
Knee joint infections. Skin diseases or infections in area of the inj site.
Avian protein, feathers, or egg allergy. Severely inflamed knee joints. Lymphatic or venous stasis in leg. Advise patients to avoid strenuous activities for approx. 48 hrs following inj. Pregnancy, nursing mothers: not established.
Avoid use of disinfectants containing quaternary ammonium salts; hyaluronan can precipitate in their presence. Concomitant other intra-articular inj: not studied.
Arthralgia, arthritis, arthropathy, inj site pain, gait disturbance; joint effusion, stiffness, swelling, warmth, pain.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Triplet Regimen Found Most Effective for Relapsed/Refractory Multiple Myeloma
- Integrating Preoperative Oral Care Into Cancer Treatment Plans
- Current Status and Dilemma of Second-line Treatment in Advanced Pancreatic Cancer: Is There a Silver Lining?
- American Association for Cancer Research Releases Its 2018 Annual Report
- Pulmonary Toxicity Increased in Pediatric Hodgkin Lymphoma Treated With Brentuximab Vedotin
- Benefit of Chemotherapy for Breast Cancer Observed With Midrange Gene Assay Score
- Antioxidant Interaction With Cancer Therapy
- Young Survivors of Breast Cancer Report Sexual Quality of Life Declines After Treatment
- Myeloablative Conditioning Effective in AML Secondary to MDS/MPN Prior to Allogeneic HCT
- Insurance Status Influences Overall Survival in Follicular Lymphoma
- Endocrine Society Released Guidelines for Managing Endocrine Disorders in Childhood Cancer Survivors
- Skin Cancer Screening: Are They Effective?
- Metronidazole, Vancomycin Recommended for C Difficile in Pediatric Oncology, HSCT
- CDC: HPV Vaccination Rates on the Rise Among Adolescents
- High-Dose vs Standard-Dose Flu Vaccine in Elderly Receiving Chemotherapy
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|