Generic Name and Formulations:
Omacetaxine mepesuccinate 3.5mg/vial; lyophilized pwd for SC inj after reconstitution; contains mannitol; preservative-free.
Indications for SYNRIBO:
Treatment of patients with chronic or accelerated phase chronic myeloid leukemia (CML) with resistance and/or intolerance to two or more tyrosine kinase inhibitors (TKI).
Induction: 1.25mg/m2 by SC inj twice daily (approx. 12hrs apart) for 14 consecutive days every 28 days, over a 28-day cycle. Repeat cycles every 28 days until hematologic response achieved. Maintenance: 1.25mg/m2 by SC inj twice daily for 7 consecutive days every 28 days, over a 28-day cycle, as long as clinically beneficial. Dose adjustments and modifications: see full labeling.
Risk of myelosuppression (thrombocytopenia, neutropenia, anemia) or hemorrhage (cerebral, GI). Monitor CBCs with platelets weekly during induction and initial maintenance cycles, then every 2wks during later cycles. Diabetes: monitor glucose levels frequently; if poorly controlled, avoid until glycemic control is established. Elderly. Embryo-fetal toxicity. Pregnancy (Cat. D); avoid. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Avoid concomitant anticoagulants, aspirin, NSAIDs if platelets <50,000/microliters.
Protein synthesis inhibitor.
Thrombocytopenia, anemia, neutropenia, diarrhea, nausea, fatigue, asthenia, injection site reaction, pyrexia, infection, lymphopenia; bleeding, hyperglycemia.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Aggressive Therapy Provides No Additional Advantage in Metastatic Prostate Cancer
- Excretion of Volatile Organic Compounds Higher in AYAs Using Vaping Products
- FDA, ASHP Actions to Prevent or Manage Chemotherapy Drug Shortages
- Breast Cancer Screening Recommendations Not Completely Reflective of Race, Age
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Metformin Plus Ruxolitinib: A Potential Therapeutic Alternative for Myeloproliferative Neoplasms
- Sexual Quality of Life Decreased During, After Chemotherapy for Digestive Cancers
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- Approach and Management of Checkpoint Inhibitor-related Immune Hepatitis
- Revised AJCC8 Demonstrates Superior Tumor Classification for HNCSCC
- Oral Androgen Receptor Inhibitor Granted FDA Approval for Nonmetastatic CRPC
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|