Generic Name and Formulations:
Quinupristin/dalfopristin 500mg per vial (as 150mg quinupristin and 350mg dalfopristin); pwd for IV infusion after reconstitution; preservative-free.
Indications for SYNERCID:
Treatment of complicated skin and skin structure infections due to S. aureus (methicillin-susceptible) or S. pyogenes.
Give by IV infusion over 60mins. ≥16yrs: 7.5mg/kg every 12hrs for at least 7 days.
<16yrs: not established; doses of 7.5 mg/kg every 8hrs or 12hrs have been used in a limited number of children under emergency-use conditions (see full labeling).
Hepatic insufficiency. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Avoid concomitant drugs known to prolong the QT interval. Potentiates CYP3A4 substrates (eg, midazolam, nifedipine, cisapride, carbamazepine, vinca alkaloids, taxanes, steroids, NNRTIs, protease inhibitors, statins); monitor esp. those with narrow therapeutic window (eg, cyclosporine, tacrolimus). May affect digoxin.
Inj site reactions, arthralgia, myalgia, GI upset, thrombophlebitis, rash, headache, pruritus; C. difficile-associated diarrhea.
- Neurotoxicity After CAR T-cell Therapy May Be Associated With Endothelial Activation
- Navigation Programs Most Effective in Increasing Follow-up Colonoscopy
- New Class of Clinical Trial Enhances Research on Cancer Care Delivery
- Specialized Interventions Reduce Aberrant Opioid Behaviors in Cancer Patients
- Nivolumab Provides Better Long-Term Efficacy Compared With Docetaxel in NSCLC
- Anticancer Properties of The Probiotic Kefir: A Review
- Navigating the Transition From Treatment to Breast Cancer Survivor
- Combining Radiation, Immunotherapy: An Emerging Challenge for Oncology Nursing
- Naldemedine Effective for Opioid-Induced Constipation in Cancer Pain
- Disruptions to Circadian Rhythm Linked to Prostate Cancer Surgery Regret
- Case Report of a KIT-mutated Melanoma Patient With an Excellent Response to Apatinib and Temozolomide Combination Therapy
- Novel Predictive Model More Effectively Identifies Risk for Lung Cancer
- Long-Term Eltrombopag Increases Platelet Counts, Decreases Bleeding in ITP
- Overall Survival Increase for Melanoma Brain Metastases
- Prophylactic Prochloperazine Ineffective for Opioid-induced Nausea/Vomiting in Cancer
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|