Generic Name and Formulations:
Lidocaine 70mg, tetracaine 70mg; topical patch.
Galen US Inc.
Indications for SYNERA:
For local dermal analgesia for superficial venous access and superficial dermatological procedures (eg, excision, electrodessication, shave biopsy of skin lesions).
Adults and Children:
<3yrs: see full labeling. Apply to intact skin. ≥3yrs: Prior to venipuncture or IV cannulation: apply for 20–30 mins. Superficial dermatological procedures (eg, excision, shave biopsy): apply for 30 mins prior to procedure. Remove patch if irritation or burning sensation occurs. Do not cut patches or remove top cover (may cause thermal injury). Do not cover holes on top side of patch.
Avoid simultaneous or sequential application or for longer than recommended. Severe hepatic disease or pseudocholinesterase deficiency. Avoid eyes, mucous membranes, broken or inflamed skin, inadvertent trauma (eg, scratching, rubbing, exposure to extreme temperatures). Remove before undergoing MRI (contains iron powder). Effect on intradermal live vaccines unknown. Congenital or idiopathic methemoglobinemia. Acutely ill or debilitated. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Toxicity potentiated by Class I antiarrhythmics (eg, tocainide, mexiletine), other local anesthetics.
Local reactions (eg, erythema, blanching, edema), anaphylactoid reactions.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- A Witness to Letting Go: Nursing Care at the End of Life
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- Intervention Improves Breast Cancer Survivors' Memory Contentment
- Excretion of Volatile Organic Compounds Higher in AYAs Using Vaping Products
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Metformin Plus Ruxolitinib: A Potential Therapeutic Alternative for Myeloproliferative Neoplasms
- Medical Terms in Patient Education: Using the Confusing to Explain the Complicated
- Bedside Assessment Tool Improves Worst Pain in Patients With Cancer
- Androgen-Deprivation Therapy for Prostate Cancer May Cause Nocturia, Sleep Disturbance
- USPSTF Rates Ovarian Cancer Screening a D for Asymptomatic, Low-Risk Women
- Colorectal Cancer Screening Rate Increased by Digital Self-Ordering
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|