Lifestyle and dietary measures for preventing colorectal cancer are extensively studied; however, in this study, researchers looked at a dietary measure that improved survival for patients after diagnosis.
Site of metastasis is key to the length of time a patient can survive metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer (mCRPC).
The Samfund is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to easing the lasting financial effects of cancer treatments for young adults with the disease.
As the American College of Surgeons' Commision on Cancer milestones approach, ASTRO publishes a template to ensure consistent, comprehensive survivorship care plans can be developed for cancer survivors whose treatment involved radiotherapy.
After experiencing the benefits of meditation to help himself cope with the stress of caring for patients with cancer, this oncologist leads classes teaching those patients to use the tool to better cope with their disease and its effects.
Radiotherapy is the most effective single modality for local control of Hodgkin lymphoma. Involved site radiotherapy is a recent innovation intended to reduce the risk of late effects—an urgent goal, particularly for adolescent and young adult patients.
Dietary habits have a profound impact on cancer survivorship. A recent study found that unfortunately many survivors do not adhere to healthy dietary guidelines, and those who smoke are even less likely to follow the guidelines.
Researchers at Dana-Farber/Boston Children's Cancer and Blood Disorders Center sought to assess the effects of treatment for brain tumors in children over 10 years of follow-up.
Guidelines and novel approaches are helping clinicians to more effectively manage this debilitating side effect of radiation treatment for cancer.
What would be the ideal TSH level for patients after total thyroidectomy for cancer of the papillary thyroid?
Minimal residual disease (MRD) negativity after treatment is associated with prolonged overall survival in patients with newly diagnosed multiple myeloma.
Smartphones can motivate patients to stay on track with lifestyle changes.
African American survivors of breast cancer experience significant problem burden during the first 5 years after diagnosis and treatment.
Cancer survivors who are nonwhite, less educated, older, and/or have comorbidities were less likely to receive adequate cancer pain management.
Older cancer survivors' self-reports of sexual activity and functioning are comparable to age-matched people without cancer; despite this, sexual dissatisfaction is more prevalent among cancer survivors than age-matched cancer-free persons.
Younger cancer survivors in Norway were more likely to be financially dependent and unemployed than individuals without cancer.
Acupressure reduced persistent fatigue in women who had been treated for breast cancer, improving both sleep and quality of life.
Tyrosine Kinase Inhibitor Therapy Can Be Safely Stopped in Select Patients With CML in Chronic Phase
A high percentage of patients with CML treated with TKIs achieve deep molecular responses and can safely stop therapy. Initials results of the EURO-SKI trial define prognostic markers that indicate durability of deep molecular responses after stopping TKI therapy.
Although most adolescent survivors of childhood cancer have no reported psychological symptoms, those who do often have multiple symptoms and distinct symptom profiles.
Improved cancer detection and advances in treatment mean larger numbers of older cancer patients are becoming survivors, combined with demographic trends. But older patients are underrepresented in clinical trials.
- Study Identifies Factors Associated With Hearing Loss in Polycythemia Vera
- Ezh2 Inhibitors May Offer Cure for Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia
- Ruxolitinib: A Targeted Treatment Option for Patients with Polycythemia Vera
- Incontinence Affects QOL for Survivors of Gynecologic Cancers
- Robotic Surgery Provides Good Outcomes and Survival in Oropharyngeal Cancer
- Overall Benefits of Vaporized Nicotine Products Outweigh Harms, Says International Panel of Experts
- Sugar and Cancer: Mitigating the Affects of Diet on Cancer
- Nurse Residency Programs Can Impact Oncology Nursing Practice, Outcomes
- Tumor Markers (Fact Sheet)
- Implementing a Distress Screening Process for Cancer Patients
- SBRT Improves Overall and Disease-Specific Survival in Stage I NSCLC
- Patients Receiving RT in APBI Facilities Despite Eligibility for Observation
- Prolonged Imatinib Therapy Improves Likelihood of Deeper Molecular Response
- ASCO, ASTRO Issue Guideline Update for Postmastectomy RT
- Study Assesses Efficacy of Ramucirumab in HCC by Child-Pugh Score
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|