Site of metastasis is key to the length of time a patient can survive metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer (mCRPC).
The Samfund is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to easing the lasting financial effects of cancer treatments for young adults with the disease.
As the American College of Surgeons' Commision on Cancer milestones approach, ASTRO publishes a template to ensure consistent, comprehensive survivorship care plans can be developed for cancer survivors whose treatment involved radiotherapy.
After experiencing the benefits of meditation to help himself cope with the stress of caring for patients with cancer, this oncologist leads classes teaching those patients to use the tool to better cope with their disease and its effects.
Radiotherapy is the most effective single modality for local control of Hodgkin lymphoma. Involved site radiotherapy is a recent innovation intended to reduce the risk of late effects—an urgent goal, particularly for adolescent and young adult patients.
Dietary habits have a profound impact on cancer survivorship. A recent study found that unfortunately many survivors do not adhere to healthy dietary guidelines, and those who smoke are even less likely to follow the guidelines.
Researchers at Dana-Farber/Boston Children's Cancer and Blood Disorders Center sought to assess the effects of treatment for brain tumors in children over 10 years of follow-up.
Guidelines and novel approaches are helping clinicians to more effectively manage this debilitating side effect of radiation treatment for cancer.
What would be the ideal TSH level for patients after total thyroidectomy for cancer of the papillary thyroid?
New study strengthens the case that some adolescents and young adults with cancer may struggle in later adulthood with brain and emotional function.
Improved cancer detection and advances in treatment mean larger numbers of older cancer patients are becoming survivors, combined with demographic trends. But older patients are underrepresented in clinical trials.
Relaxing acupressure resulted in significant improvement in persistent fatigue, sleep quality, and quality of life among survivors of breast cancer, a recent study has shown.
The Patient-Owned Survivorship Transition Care for Activated, Empowered survivors (POSTCARE) intervention resulted in clinically meaningful improvements in 3 domains of quality of life (QoL) among survivors of breast cancers.
Likelihood of other chronic conditions will stress health care system in next two decades, as more patients with cancer live longer.
Nearly 1 in 12 patients with a cancer from the 10 most common cancer sites developed a second primary neoplasm during survivorship.
Chronic conditions commonly affect long-term quality of life for survivors of childhood cancer who are in their young adult years.
Anxiety and Depressive Symptoms Are Increased in Pediatric Survivors of Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia
Emotional distress during and after undergoing chemotherapy for ALL affects a significant percentage of children with the disease.
A weekly dose of temsirolimus 75 mg was found to be active in patients with relapsed/refractory primary CNS lymphoma (PCNSL); however, only some patients achieved long-term control.
Patients who have had cancer recently can still be treated with antibodies against tumor necrosis factor for inflammatory bowel disease.
Model Demonstrates Benefits of MRI Screening for Breast Cancer in Survivors of Childhood Hodgkin Lymphoma
Female survivors of childhood Hodgkin lymphoma (HL) who received chest radiation can reduce their risk of breast cancer through early screening.
- Gene Expression Alters Bone Marrow Environment in MGUS, Leading to Multiple Myeloma
- How Can We Have a Cancer Cure Moonshot if We're Short of Fuel?
- High-Fat Mediterranean Diet Can Protect Against Cancer
- Prophylactic Gynecologic Resections Increase Risk for Aggressive Uterine Cancer in BRCA Gene Mutation Carriers
- HPV Vaccination Program Reduces Cervical Cell Anomalies in Young Women
- Overall Benefits of Vaporized Nicotine Products Outweigh Harms, Says International Panel of Experts
- Sugar and Cancer: Mitigating the Affects of Diet on Cancer
- Nurse Residency Programs Can Impact Oncology Nursing Practice, Outcomes
- Implementing a Distress Screening Process for Cancer Patients
- Initiating Palliative Care in the Emergency Department
- Helical APBI Delivers Targeted Dose of Adjuvant Radiation Treatment for Breast Cancer
- Cancer Risk Higher in Patients With Heart Failure After a First Heart Attack
- Routine Pap Smears Improve Cervical Cancer Risk in Women Older Than 65 Years
- Second-Line Regorafenib Improves Overall Survival in Refractory Liver Cancer
- Training Primary Care Providers to Screen for Melanoma Increases Diagnoses, With Little Affect on Dermatology Visits or Skin Surgeries
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|