Site of metastasis is key to the length of time a patient can survive metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer (mCRPC).
The Samfund is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to easing the lasting financial effects of cancer treatments for young adults with the disease.
As the American College of Surgeons' Commision on Cancer milestones approach, ASTRO publishes a template to ensure consistent, comprehensive survivorship care plans can be developed for cancer survivors whose treatment involved radiotherapy.
After experiencing the benefits of meditation to help himself cope with the stress of caring for patients with cancer, this oncologist leads classes teaching those patients to use the tool to better cope with their disease and its effects.
Radiotherapy is the most effective single modality for local control of Hodgkin lymphoma. Involved site radiotherapy is a recent innovation intended to reduce the risk of late effects—an urgent goal, particularly for adolescent and young adult patients.
Dietary habits have a profound impact on cancer survivorship. A recent study found that unfortunately many survivors do not adhere to healthy dietary guidelines, and those who smoke are even less likely to follow the guidelines.
Researchers at Dana-Farber/Boston Children's Cancer and Blood Disorders Center sought to assess the effects of treatment for brain tumors in children over 10 years of follow-up.
Guidelines and novel approaches are helping clinicians to more effectively manage this debilitating side effect of radiation treatment for cancer.
What would be the ideal TSH level for patients after total thyroidectomy for cancer of the papillary thyroid?
New study strengthens the case that some adolescents and young adults with cancer may struggle in later adulthood with brain and emotional function.
Cancer survivors who are nonwhite, less educated, older, and/or have comorbidities were less likely to receive adequate cancer pain management.
Older cancer survivors' self-reports of sexual activity and functioning are comparable to age-matched people without cancer; despite this, sexual dissatisfaction is more prevalent among cancer survivors than age-matched cancer-free persons.
Younger cancer survivors in Norway were more likely to be financially dependent and unemployed than individuals without cancer.
Acupressure reduced persistent fatigue in women who had been treated for breast cancer, improving both sleep and quality of life.
Tyrosine Kinase Inhibitor Therapy Can Be Safely Stopped in Select Patients With CML in Chronic Phase
A high percentage of patients with CML treated with TKIs achieve deep molecular responses and can safely stop therapy. Initials results of the EURO-SKI trial define prognostic markers that indicate durability of deep molecular responses after stopping TKI therapy.
Although most adolescent survivors of childhood cancer have no reported psychological symptoms, those who do often have multiple symptoms and distinct symptom profiles.
Improved cancer detection and advances in treatment mean larger numbers of older cancer patients are becoming survivors, combined with demographic trends. But older patients are underrepresented in clinical trials.
Relaxing acupressure resulted in significant improvement in persistent fatigue, sleep quality, and quality of life among survivors of breast cancer, a recent study has shown.
The Patient-Owned Survivorship Transition Care for Activated, Empowered survivors (POSTCARE) intervention resulted in clinically meaningful improvements in 3 domains of quality of life (QoL) among survivors of breast cancers.
Likelihood of other chronic conditions will stress health care system in next two decades, as more patients with cancer live longer.
- PMPS: A Common Late Effect of Surgery and Radiation for Breast Cancer
- Breast Cancer Tumors Often a Composite of Tumor Types, Enhancing Treatment Resistance
- Daratumumab Plus Len-Dex an Encouraging Combo for Multiple Myeloma
- Bone Marrow vs Bloodstream: Stem Cell Source Influences Transplantation Outcomes
- Nurses Are Key to Referrals to Inpatient Integrative Medicine Services
- Exercise is as Effective in Treating Metastatic Prostate Cancer as Medication
- Walnut Consumption Changes Gut Microbiome, Decreases Growth of Colon Cancer in Mice
- Triple-Drug Therapy Produces Response in Triple-Negative Breast Cancer, Mouse Study Shows
- Vaccine Enters Phase I Study for Safety and Effectiveness in Multiple Myeloma
- Study Supports Increased Role for Surgery in Multimodality Therapy for Early Stage SCLC
- Music Interventions Improve Cancer and Treatment Symptoms
- Novel Radiotracer Is Near Perfect in Detecting Sentinel Lymph Node in Breast Cancer
- MammaPrint Helps to Identify Which Patients Require Adjuvant Chemotherapy
- Supportive Care Needs Assessed in Localized Cutaneous Melanoma
- Recently Discovered microRNA Controls Response to Oxaliplatin in Colorectal Cancer
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|