Sulfacetamide sodium + Prednisolone sodium phosphate Ophthalmic Solution Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Sulfacetamide sodium 100mg, prednisolone sodium phosphate 2.5mg; per mL; contains thimersol.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Sulfacetamide sodium + Prednisolone sodium phosphate Ophthalmic Solution:
For steroid-responsive inflammatory ocular conditions for which a corticosteroid is indicated and where bacterial infection or a risk of bacterial ocular infection exists.
Adults and Children:
<6yrs: not established. ≥6yrs: instill 2 drops in the eye(s) every 4 hours. Max initial ℞: 20mL.
Ocular fungal, viral or mycobacterial infections.
Do not inject into the eye. Corneal or scleral thinning. Severe dry eye. Glaucoma. Monitor IOP, and for secondary infections in prolonged use. Discontinue if sensitization reaction occurs. Reevaluate if symptoms fail to improve after two days. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Incompatible with silver preparations. Local anesthetics related to p-aminobenzoic acid may antagonize the action of sulfonamide.
Antibacterial + steroid.
Local irritation, sensitization, masks infection, delays healing; in prolonged use: increased IOP, cataracts, corneal perforation, optic nerve damage.
Formerly known under the brand name Vasocidin.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Aggressive Therapy Provides No Additional Advantage in Metastatic Prostate Cancer
- Excretion of Volatile Organic Compounds Higher in AYAs Using Vaping Products
- FDA, ASHP Actions to Prevent or Manage Chemotherapy Drug Shortages
- Risk for Cardiovascular Disease Higher in Survivors of Testicular Cancer
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Metformin Plus Ruxolitinib: A Potential Therapeutic Alternative for Myeloproliferative Neoplasms
- Sexual Quality of Life Decreased During, After Chemotherapy for Digestive Cancers
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- Approach and Management of Checkpoint Inhibitor-related Immune Hepatitis
- Revised AJCC8 Demonstrates Superior Tumor Classification for HNCSCC
- Oral Androgen Receptor Inhibitor Granted FDA Approval for Nonmetastatic CRPC
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|