Generic Name and Formulations:
Nateglinide 60mg, 120mg; tabs.
Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corp
Indications for STARLIX:
Adjunct to diet and exercise to improve glycemic control in adults with type 2 diabetes mellitus.
Limitations Of use:
Not for treatment of type 1 diabetes or diabetic ketoacidosis.
Take 1–30mins before meals; skip dose if meal is skipped. 120mg 3 times daily. If near glycemic goal, initially 60mg 3 times daily.
Increased risk of hypoglycemia with changes in physical activity, meal patterns, renal or hepatic impairment: monitor glucose more frequently and may need to adjust dose. Reduced symptomatic awareness of hypoglycemia in longstanding diabetes, diabetic nerve disease, or recurrent hypoglycemia. Moderate-to-severe hepatic impairment. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Increased hypoglycemia with concomitant other antidiabetic agents, NSAIDs, salicylates, MAOIs, non-selective β-blockers, anabolic hormones, guanethidine, and CYP2C9 inhibitors (eg, amiodarone, fluconazole, voriconazole, sulfinpyrazone), alcohol; may need dose reduction and monitor. May be antagonized by thiazides, corticosteroids, thyroid products, sympathomimetics, somatropin, somatostatin analogs (eg, lanreotide, octreotide), and CYP inducers (eg, rifampin, phenytoin, St John's Wort); may need dose increase and monitor. β-blockers, clonidine, guanethidine, reserpine may mask hypoglycemia.
Upper RTI, back pain, flu symptoms, dizziness, arthropathy, diarrhea; hypoglycemia, weight gain.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Aggressive Therapy Provides No Additional Advantage in Metastatic Prostate Cancer
- Excretion of Volatile Organic Compounds Higher in AYAs Using Vaping Products
- FDA, ASHP Actions to Prevent or Manage Chemotherapy Drug Shortages
- Breast Cancer Screening Recommendations Not Completely Reflective of Race, Age
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Metformin Plus Ruxolitinib: A Potential Therapeutic Alternative for Myeloproliferative Neoplasms
- Sexual Quality of Life Decreased During, After Chemotherapy for Digestive Cancers
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- Approach and Management of Checkpoint Inhibitor-related Immune Hepatitis
- Revised AJCC8 Demonstrates Superior Tumor Classification for HNCSCC
- Oral Androgen Receptor Inhibitor Granted FDA Approval for Nonmetastatic CRPC
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|