Generic Name and Formulations:
Cefditoren (as pivoxil) 200mg, 400mg; tabs.
Vansen Pharma Inc.
Indications for SPECTRACEF:
Susceptible mild to moderate acute bacterial exacerbation of chronic bronchitis, community-acquired pneumonia (CAP), pharyngitis/tonsillitis, uncomplicated skin and skin structure infections.
Take with meals. Bronchitis: 400mg twice daily for 10 days. CAP: 400mg twice daily for 14 days. Pharyngitis/tonsillitis, skin and skin structure: 200mg twice daily for 10 days. Renal impairment (CrCl 30–49mL/min): max 200mg twice daily; CrCl <30mL/min: max 200mg once daily; ESRD: not established.
Milk protein allergy (not lactose intolerance). Carnitine deficiency or conditions causing carnitine deficiency.
Penicillin or other allergy. Not for long-term therapy. Decreased muscle mass (risk of carnitine deficiency). Monitor prothrombin time in renal or hepatic impairment or poor nutritional state. Labor & delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Avoid drugs that reduce gastric acidity. Potentiated by probenecid. May cause false (+) glucose test with Clinitest, Fehling's or Benedict's soln, Coomb's test; false (–) with ferricyanide test.
GI upset, headache, transient reduction in plasma carnitine levels; pseudomembranous colitis.
Tabs (200mg)—20-count blister pack; 400mg—2-, 20-, 28-count blister pack
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Aggressive Therapy Provides No Additional Advantage in Metastatic Prostate Cancer
- Excretion of Volatile Organic Compounds Higher in AYAs Using Vaping Products
- FDA, ASHP Actions to Prevent or Manage Chemotherapy Drug Shortages
- Breast Cancer Screening Recommendations Not Completely Reflective of Race, Age
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Metformin Plus Ruxolitinib: A Potential Therapeutic Alternative for Myeloproliferative Neoplasms
- Sexual Quality of Life Decreased During, After Chemotherapy for Digestive Cancers
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- Approach and Management of Checkpoint Inhibitor-related Immune Hepatitis
- Revised AJCC8 Demonstrates Superior Tumor Classification for HNCSCC
- Oral Androgen Receptor Inhibitor Granted FDA Approval for Nonmetastatic CRPC
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|