Generic Name and Formulations:
Cefditoren (as pivoxil) 200mg, 400mg; tabs.
Vansen Pharma Inc.
Indications for SPECTRACEF:
Susceptible mild to moderate acute bacterial exacerbation of chronic bronchitis, community-acquired pneumonia (CAP), pharyngitis/tonsillitis, uncomplicated skin and skin structure infections.
Take with meals. Bronchitis: 400mg twice daily for 10 days. CAP: 400mg twice daily for 14 days. Pharyngitis/tonsillitis, skin and skin structure: 200mg twice daily for 10 days. Renal impairment (CrCl 30–49mL/min): max 200mg twice daily; CrCl <30mL/min: max 200mg once daily; ESRD: not established.
Milk protein allergy (not lactose intolerance). Carnitine deficiency or conditions causing carnitine deficiency.
Penicillin or other allergy. Not for long-term therapy. Decreased muscle mass (risk of carnitine deficiency). Monitor prothrombin time in renal or hepatic impairment or poor nutritional state. Labor & delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Avoid drugs that reduce gastric acidity. Potentiated by probenecid. May cause false (+) glucose test with Clinitest, Fehling's or Benedict's soln, Coomb's test; false (–) with ferricyanide test.
GI upset, headache, transient reduction in plasma carnitine levels; pseudomembranous colitis.
Tabs (200mg)—20-count blister pack; 400mg—2-, 20-, 28-count blister pack
- Neurotoxicity After CAR T-cell Therapy May Be Associated With Endothelial Activation
- Navigation Programs Most Effective in Increasing Follow-up Colonoscopy
- New Class of Clinical Trial Enhances Research on Cancer Care Delivery
- Specialized Interventions Reduce Aberrant Opioid Behaviors in Cancer Patients
- Nivolumab Provides Better Long-Term Efficacy Compared With Docetaxel in NSCLC
- Anticancer Properties of The Probiotic Kefir: A Review
- Navigating the Transition From Treatment to Breast Cancer Survivor
- Combining Radiation, Immunotherapy: An Emerging Challenge for Oncology Nursing
- Naldemedine Effective for Opioid-Induced Constipation in Cancer Pain
- Disruptions to Circadian Rhythm Linked to Prostate Cancer Surgery Regret
- Case Report of a KIT-mutated Melanoma Patient With an Excellent Response to Apatinib and Temozolomide Combination Therapy
- Novel Predictive Model More Effectively Identifies Risk for Lung Cancer
- Long-Term Eltrombopag Increases Platelet Counts, Decreases Bleeding in ITP
- Overall Survival Increase for Melanoma Brain Metastases
- Prophylactic Prochloperazine Ineffective for Opioid-induced Nausea/Vomiting in Cancer
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|