Optimal Therapy for Patients with Hepatocellular Carcinoma and Resistance or Intolerance to Sorafenib: Challenges and SolutionsDecember 08, 2017
[Journal of Hepatocellular Carcinoma] This research examines systemic therapies that can be considered in patients with sorafenib refractory hepatocellular carcinoma.
Reducing the initial dose of sorafenib was shown to have some benefits — such as reduced pill burden, lower costs, and decreased AE-related discontinuation rates — and OS was noninferior compared with the standard dose in patients with hepatocellular carcinoma.
Comparative Efficacy and Safety of Axitinib Versus Sorafenib in Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysisJuly 07, 2016
[Oncotargets and Therapy] This research evaluates the comparative efficacy and safety of axitinib and sorafenib for the treatment of metastatic renal cell carcinoma.
Liver tumor cells do not respond to sorafenib if they have a less differentiated phenotype, known as the mesenchymal type, and express CD44, according to a new study.
When tumor stops responding to U.S. Food and Drug Administration approval for the anti-cancer drug sorafenib (Nexavar) has been expanded to include late-stage differentiated thyroid cancer, the most common type of thyroid cancer.
The kidney and liver cancer drug sorafenib holds metastatic thyroid cancer at bay nearly twice as long as placebo, according to the results of the randomized phase III trial known as DECISION.
Sorafenib improves survival in patients whose cancer is resistant to radioactive iodine treatment.
An increased risk of coronary artery stenosis in cancer survivors may be a long-term posttreatment effect of chest radiotherapy.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Chemotherapy-Related Fatigue Linked to Levothyroxine Use in Breast Cancer
- New Hypertension Threshold Guides Blood Pressure Management During Cancer Treatment
- Obesity, Male Gender May Improve Survival Outcomes with Targeted and Immunotherapy in Melanoma
- Factors Affecting Employment Participation in Early-stage Breast Cancer
- Gas Mixture Improves Efficacy of Breakthrough Cancer Pain Treatment
- Zinc Sulfate Improves Chemotherapy-Induced Mucositis Outcomes in Leukemia
- 5-Year Overall Survival in Endometrial Cancer Not Improved With Chemoradiotherapy
- Travel Distance to Prostate Cancer Treatment Influences Treatment Choice
- Sexual Aids and Resources Not Readily Available at Cancer Centers
- Cisplatin-Induced Adverse Events in Osteosarcoma Not Improved With Pantoprazole
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|