Comparative Efficacy and Safety of Axitinib Versus Sorafenib in Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysisJuly 07, 2016
[Oncotargets and Therapy] This research evaluates the comparative efficacy and safety of axitinib and sorafenib for the treatment of metastatic renal cell carcinoma.
Liver tumor cells do not respond to sorafenib if they have a less differentiated phenotype, known as the mesenchymal type, and express CD44, according to a new study.
When tumor stops responding to U.S. Food and Drug Administration approval for the anti-cancer drug sorafenib (Nexavar) has been expanded to include late-stage differentiated thyroid cancer, the most common type of thyroid cancer.
The kidney and liver cancer drug sorafenib holds metastatic thyroid cancer at bay nearly twice as long as placebo, according to the results of the randomized phase III trial known as DECISION.
Sorafenib improves survival in patients whose cancer is resistant to radioactive iodine treatment.
An increased risk of coronary artery stenosis in cancer survivors may be a long-term posttreatment effect of chest radiotherapy.
- Cholesterol-Lowering Drugs May Prevent Breast Cancer Recurrence
- BBD Regimen Efficacious as First-line Therapy for Myeloma
- Idelalisib Increases Progression-Free Survival in Patients with Relapsed or Refractory Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Trends in Behaviors, Medical Practice Indicate Mortality From Melanoma Will Decline
- Pembrolizumab Active Against Rare Melanoma, Extends Survival in Bladder Cancer
- Survivors Reporting Chronic Neuropathic Pain Struggle to Retain Jobs
- Timing of Chemotherapy Infusion Affects Inflammatory Response to Chemotherapy
- Postoperative Gemcitabine Plus Capecitabine: A New Standard of Care for Pancreatic Cancer
- Blood-Forming Stem Cell Transplants (Fact Sheet)
- Nut Consumption Inversely Associated With Lung Cancer Risk
- Best Approach to Infection and Tumor Treatment: Contain or Eliminate?
- Decipher Genomic Classifier Prognostic for Distant Prostate Metastasis
- GUCS 2017: Adjuvant Trials in Post-radical Prostatectomy Prostate Cancer Feasible
- Annual Screening of High-Risk Smokers Only More Cost-effective Than Current Methods
- Blood Test Predicts Stem Cell Transplant Success in Myelodysplastic Syndrome
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|