Generic Name and Formulations:
Zaleplon 5mg, 10mg; caps; contains tartrazine.
Indications for SONATA:
Short-term treatment of insomnia.
Usually 10mg at bedtime (at least 4hrs before becoming active again); max 20mg. Mild-to-moderate hepatic impairment, elderly, debilitated, concomitant cimetidine, or low weight patients: 5mg; max 10mg. Max 1month/℞. Effect delayed if taken with high-fat/heavy meals.
Severe hepatic impairment: not recommended. Compromised respiratory function, mild-to-moderate hepatic impairment, debilitated: monitor closely. Depression. Behavioral changes. Suicidal tendencies. Drug or alcohol abuse. Conditions that affect metabolism or hemodynamic response. Write ℞ for smallest practical amount. Elderly. Debilitated. Labor & delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.C), nursing mothers: not recommended.
Potentiates CNS depression with alcohol, other CNS depressants. Efficacy may be compromised by drug(s) that induce CYP3A4. May be potentiated by drugs that inhibit aldehyde oxidase (eg, cimetidine, possibly diphenhydramine). May be antagonized by promethazine.
CNS effects, complex sleep-related behaviors (eg, sleep-driving), GI upset, abdominal pain, migraine; anaphylaxis, angioedema, others (see full labeling).
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- A Witness to Letting Go: Nursing Care at the End of Life
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- Intervention Improves Breast Cancer Survivors' Memory Contentment
- Excretion of Volatile Organic Compounds Higher in AYAs Using Vaping Products
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Metformin Plus Ruxolitinib: A Potential Therapeutic Alternative for Myeloproliferative Neoplasms
- Medical Terms in Patient Education: Using the Confusing to Explain the Complicated
- Bedside Assessment Tool Improves Worst Pain in Patients With Cancer
- Androgen-Deprivation Therapy for Prostate Cancer May Cause Nocturia, Sleep Disturbance
- USPSTF Rates Ovarian Cancer Screening a D for Asymptomatic, Low-Risk Women
- Colorectal Cancer Screening Rate Increased by Digital Self-Ordering
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|