SOMA 250 CIV
Generic Name and Formulations:
Carisoprodol 250mg; tabs.
Mylan Specialty L.P.
Indications for SOMA 250:
Relief of acute, painful musculoskeletal conditions.
≥16yrs: 250mg–350mg 3 times daily and at bedtime. Max 2–3 weeks.
<16yrs: not recommended.
Renal or hepatic dysfunction. Drug abuse. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Sedative effects potentiated by alcohol, other CNS depressants. May be potentiated by CYP2C19 inhibitors (eg, omeprazole, fluvoxamine). May be antagonized by CYP2C19 inducers (eg, rifampin, St. John's Wort).
Muscle relaxant (central).
Dizziness, drowsiness, headache, GI upset, rash, tachycardia, orthostatic hypotension; rare idiosyncratic reactions (see literature).
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- A Witness to Letting Go: Nursing Care at the End of Life
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- Intervention Improves Breast Cancer Survivors' Memory Contentment
- Excretion of Volatile Organic Compounds Higher in AYAs Using Vaping Products
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Metformin Plus Ruxolitinib: A Potential Therapeutic Alternative for Myeloproliferative Neoplasms
- Medical Terms in Patient Education: Using the Confusing to Explain the Complicated
- Bedside Assessment Tool Improves Worst Pain in Patients With Cancer
- Androgen-Deprivation Therapy for Prostate Cancer May Cause Nocturia, Sleep Disturbance
- USPSTF Rates Ovarian Cancer Screening a D for Asymptomatic, Low-Risk Women
- Colorectal Cancer Screening Rate Increased by Digital Self-Ordering
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|