Small Cell Lung Cancer
The addition of pravastatin to first-line chemotherapy did not improve overall survival or progression-free survival in patients with small-cell lung cancer.
The addition of bevacizumab to first-line treatment with cisplatin plus etoposide improved PFS, but not OS, with an acceptable toxicity profile in patients with extensive-disease SCLC.
Continued adoption of stereotactic body radiation therapy (SBRT) to treat early stage NSCLC improved OS and lung cancer-specific survival, according to a study presented at the 2016 annual meeting of the American Society for Radiation Oncology.
The addition of vandetanib to a platinum agent and etoposide did not improve time to progression or overall survival in patients with newly diagnosed extensive-stage SCLC.
Surgery for early stage small cell lung cancer (SCLC) is rarely used. However, results from a population-based database has shown surgery with adjuvant chemotherapy with or without radiation for node-negative SCLC was associated with better survival compared with concurrent chemoradiation, according to a presentation at the 2016 ASCO Annual Meeting.
Chemotherapy, with or without cranial irradiation, has been associated with improved survival versus surgery alone for patients with early-stage small-cell lung cancer (SCLC) undergoing resection.
Chemotherapy use associated with a survival benefit for Medicare patients with small cell lung cancer (SCLC) treated in a real-world setting.
Chemotherapy can improve median survival by more than 6 months in elderly persons with small cell lung cancer (SCLC), a retrospective cohort study has indicated.
A histology-expression predictor has been developed for the most common types of lung cancer and can corroborate the findings of pathologists.
Persons with limited-stage small cell lung cancer (LS-SCLC) exhibited better disease control and survival when staged with positron emission tomography (PET) than did patients who did not undergo staging with PET.
Denosumab improved overall survival in persons with lung cancer and bone metastases more effectively than did zoledronic acid.
An analysis of breath samples from patients with pulmonary nodules distinguished benign from malignant growths in a recent study.
PARP1 and EZH2 may be treatment targets in small cell lung cancer, based on newfound differences between this and non-small cell disease.
Small cell lung cancers have high expression of PARP1; are more sensitive to PARP inhibition.
- Coping With Lymphedema: A Patient Guide (Fact Sheet)
- Osteoporosis Medication Improves Bone Health in ADT-Treated Prostate Cancer
- Inotuzumab Ozogamicin Granted FDA Approval for Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia
- Cabazitaxel in Prostate Cancer: Reduced Dose Noninferior to Standard Dose
- Risk of Some Cancers Higher in Women With a History of Periodontal Disease
- To Better Serve Patients With Cancer, Navigators Need Better Systems
- Physical Activity Improves Cognitive Function for Breast Cancer Survivors
- Risk of Lung Cancer Increases With Diets Higher in Saturated Fats
- Mechanisms Identified for Curcumin Resensitization of Cancer Cells
- Value of Type and Crossmatch Prior to Daratumumab Administration
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|