Generic Name and Formulations:
Basiliximab (recombinant) 10mg, 20mg; per vial; pwd for IV inj or infusion after reconstitution/dilution; contains mannitol; preservative-free.
Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corp
Indications for SIMULECT:
Organ rejection prophylaxis in renal transplant patients, in combination with cyclosporine and corticosteroids.
Adults and Children:
Give by bolus inj or IV infusion over 20–30 minutes. <35kg: initially 10mg within 2 hours prior to transplantation, then 10mg 4 days post-transplantation for a total of 2 doses. ≥35kg: initially 20mg within 2 hours prior to transplantation, then 20mg 4 days post-transplantation for a total of 2 doses. Withhold 2nd dose if severe hypersensitivity reactions or graft loss occurs.
Should be administered under qualified medical supervision. Risk of lymphoproliferative disorders and opportunistic infections; monitor. Previously-treated with basiliximab; monitor for severe hypersensitivity reactions in subsequent treatment. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.B); use effective contraception before, during and for 4 months after therapy. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Concomitant vaccines: immune response may be impaired.
GI upset, constipation, peripheral edema, fever, hyper or hypokalemia, hyperglycemia, dyspnea, hypertension, headache, tremor, insomnia, anemia; infections, antibody formation, severe hypersensitivity reactions (discontinue if occurs).
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Aggressive Therapy Provides No Additional Advantage in Metastatic Prostate Cancer
- Excretion of Volatile Organic Compounds Higher in AYAs Using Vaping Products
- FDA, ASHP Actions to Prevent or Manage Chemotherapy Drug Shortages
- Breast Cancer Screening Recommendations Not Completely Reflective of Race, Age
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Metformin Plus Ruxolitinib: A Potential Therapeutic Alternative for Myeloproliferative Neoplasms
- Sexual Quality of Life Decreased During, After Chemotherapy for Digestive Cancers
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- Approach and Management of Checkpoint Inhibitor-related Immune Hepatitis
- Revised AJCC8 Demonstrates Superior Tumor Classification for HNCSCC
- Oral Androgen Receptor Inhibitor Granted FDA Approval for Nonmetastatic CRPC
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|