Generic Name and Formulations:
Brinzolamide 1%, brimonidine tartrate 0.2%; oph susp; contains benzalkonium chloride.
Alcon Laboratories, Inc.
Indications for SIMBRINZA:
Reduction of elevated intraocular pressure in open-angle glaucoma or ocular hypertension.
Adults and Children:
<2yrs: contraindicated. ≥2yrs: 1 drop three times daily.
Neonates and infants <2yrs.
Sulfonamide allergy. Discontinue if serious systemic or hypersensitivity reactions occur. Increased risk of corneal edema in patients with low endothelium cell counts. Severe renal impairment (CrCl <30mL/min): not recommended. Hepatic impairment. Severe cardiovascular disease. Depression. Cerebral or coronary insufficiency. Raynaud’s phenomenon. Orthostatic hypotension. Thromboangitis obliterans. Acute angle-closure glaucoma. Remove soft contact lenses before use; may reinsert 15mins later. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Concomitant oral carbonic anhydrase inhibitors: not recommended. Caution with antihypertensives, cardiac glycosides, tricyclic antidepressants, MAOIs. Concomitant high-dose salicylate may produce acid-base and electrolyte alterations. May be potentiated by CNS depressants (eg, alcohol, opiates, barbiturates, sedatives, anesthetics). Separate administration of other oph drugs by ≥5 minutes.
Carbonic anhydrase inhibitor + alpha-2 agonist.
Blurred vision, eye irritation, dysgeusia, dry mouth, eye allergy.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- A Witness to Letting Go: Nursing Care at the End of Life
- Sexual Quality of Life Decreased During, After Chemotherapy for Digestive Cancers
- Androgen-Deprivation Therapy for Prostate Cancer May Cause Nocturia, Sleep Disturbance
- Approach and Management of Checkpoint Inhibitor-related Immune Hepatitis
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Modified XELIRI Noninferior to FOLFIRI for OS in Metastatic Colorectal Cancer
- Nabilone Improves Cancer-Associated Anorexia in Lung Cancer
- Direct-to-Consumer Genetic Test for Select BRCA Mutations Gets FDA Nod
- Patients With Head and Neck Cancer Have Greater Chance of Being Prescribed Opioids
- Medical Terms in Patient Education: Using the Confusing to Explain the Complicated
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|