Ibrutinib, idelalisib, ponatinib, and ruxolitinib are each associated with a variety of potential adverse effects and oncology nurses must be aware of these to successfully monitor for them.
A cursory look at hypnosis and where it may be used to offer an alternative and side-effect-free management of several aspects of care that can be beneficial to patients with cancer.
Inducing vasoconstriction in the scalp of patients with breast cancer undergoing chemotherapy effectively reduces the amount of drug that reaches the hair follicles and hair-cell metabolism, minimizing one of the most dreaded side effects of treatment.
Loss of bone density related to chemotherapy and adjuvant therapy for breast cancer can lead to debilitating hip and vertebral fractures. This discussion discusses the impact of resistance training for these patients.
The patient's history and current blood work results indicated a dangerously high potassium level. But a meticulously handled redraw proved it false.
Expectations of Chemotherapy Side Effects Influence Patients' Experiences During Breast Cancer Treatment
Recent studies indicate that adverse side effects can result from factors unrelated to the pharmacologic agent, but rather from other factors.
A review of adverse effects and recommended management for 3 kinase inhibitors indicated for the treatment of gastrointestinal cancers.
How should side effects of the new checkpoint inhibitor drugs be managed?
Postmastectomy pain syndrome (PMPS) is a debilitating late effect of surgery and radiation therapy for breast cancer.
At my current clinic, hydration and mannitol are administered before premedications on a cisplatin regimen; at previous clinic, premeds and hydration were administered before mannitol. Does it make a difference?
Using mathematical analysis, researchers identified factors to help determine if containment or the elimination of an infection or tumor, is most effective.
Survivors of testicular cancer are more likely to develop metabolic syndrome after platinum-based chemotherapy.
Patients who were surveyed reported that the benefits of treatment with BV outweighed its risks.
Müllerian inhibiting substance (MIS) may be employed to protect ovaries from the effects of chemotherapy, according to research done with mice.
Survivors of childhood cancer who received certain neurotoxic therapies are less likely to have had sexual intercourse or to be in an intimate relationship, researchers found.
In this study, researchers measured the psychological manifestations among patients with BCR-ABL-negative MPNs to determine the effects of anxiety, distress, and depression on symptom burden in this patient population.
Cancer survivors who reported chronic neuropathic pain 5 years after diagnosis were approximately 50% less likely to retain their jobs than those without chronic neuropathic pain.
Light/dark cycle of the day influences inflammatory processes in various tissues in the body, potentially affecting risk factors in patients with cancer.
Clinicians May Want To Address Emotional Stress to Prevent Overtreatment of Localized Prostate Cancer
Some men with low-risk prostate cancer may opt for more aggressive treatments due to emotional distress.
In vitro gametogenesis (IVG) offers hope for patients and survivors coping with disease-related and treatment-induced infertility, as well as providing a potentially unlimited supply of embryonic stem cells. However, legal and ethical issues need to be addressed before its widespread clinical use.
- Cholesterol-Lowering Drugs May Prevent Breast Cancer Recurrence
- Blood Test Predicts Stem Cell Transplant Success in Myelodysplastic Syndrome
- Idelalisib Increases Progression-Free Survival in Patients with Relapsed or Refractory Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Trends in Behaviors, Medical Practice Indicate Mortality From Melanoma Will Decline
- Immunotherapy and the Future of Prostate Cancer Treatment
- Survivors Reporting Chronic Neuropathic Pain Struggle to Retain Jobs
- Timing of Chemotherapy Infusion Affects Inflammatory Response to Chemotherapy
- Postoperative Gemcitabine Plus Capecitabine: A New Standard of Care for Pancreatic Cancer
- Blood-Forming Stem Cell Transplants (Fact Sheet)
- Nut Consumption Inversely Associated With Lung Cancer Risk
- Use of Checkpoint Inhibitors in Urothelial Carcinoma
- Chemo + Radiotherapy Efficacious in Muscle-invasive Bladder Cancer
- Elderly with NSCLC Can Tolerate Aggressive Radiation Therapy Treatments
- Colorectal Cancer Risk Higher With Poor Metabolic Health vs Increased Weight
- Best Approach to Infection and Tumor Treatment: Contain or Eliminate?
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|