Postmastectomy pain syndrome (PMPS) is a debilitating late effect of surgery and radiation therapy for breast cancer.
At my current clinic, hydration and mannitol are administered before premedications on a cisplatin regimen; at previous clinic, premeds and hydration were administered before mannitol. Does it make a difference?
Fertility Risk Assessment and Preservation in Male and Female Prepubertal and Adolescent Cancer Patients
[Clinical Medicine Insights: Oncology] Fertility preservation represents an essential part in the management of young patients with cancer who are at risk of premature gonadal failure; this research examines available data on fertility risk assessment and preservation strategies that should be addressed prior to antineoplastic therapy.
A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis of the Risk of Diarrhea Associated With Vandetanib Treatment in Carcinoma Patients
[OncoTargets and Therapy] This research examines overall risks of all-grade and high-grade diarrhea during vandetanib treatment, to gain a better understanding of its prediction and management.
Managing pain with opioids and keeping a close eye on adverse effects is an important part of cancer care. But there is room for improvement in pain management tools, and nurses play a key role in their evolution.
Sleep patterns and habits should be a part of oncology nurses' routine patient assessment, as sleep disorders can be a significant challenge for cancer patients undergoing radiation therapy.
[Cancer Management and Research] This review focuses on dronabinol and its role in the treatment of chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting (CINV).
Some of our patients receive olanzapine (Zyprexa) as an antiemetic. Is this a typical use of this drug?
Nasal spray effectively relieves intense breakthrough pain associated with radiotherapy planning and treatment.
What would be the ideal TSH level for patients after total thyroidectomy for cancer of the papillary thyroid?
Pneumonitis related to the use of PD-1 inhibitor therapy is higher among patients with NSCLC and RCC, and during combination therapy.
Older cancer survivors' self-reports of sexual activity and functioning are comparable to age-matched people without cancer; despite this, sexual dissatisfaction is more prevalent among cancer survivors than age-matched cancer-free persons.
Risks for severe toxicities in obese patients receiving dose-dense chemotherapy are associated with measures used to determine dose, according to a retrospective evaluation of select participants in the GAIN study.
Infrared laser moxibustion, an infrared laser treatment combined with a traditional acupuncture modality, appears safe and effective in relieving cancer-related fatigue.
Methadone appears to be superior to fentanyl for the treatment of neuropathic pain in patients with head and neck cancer.
Clinician Communication, Adherence to Protocols, and Presence of Pharmacists Improve Outcomes in ICUs
Oncologic patients are among the main users of ICUs and are vulnerable to infections and adverse drug reactions. However, relatively simple processes of organization can reduce the risk of these problems.
Although most adolescent survivors of childhood cancer have no reported psychological symptoms, those who do often have multiple symptoms and distinct symptom profiles.
Risk factors for chronic pain after breast cancer surgery include axillary lymph node dissection, younger age, and radiation therapy. Only axillary lymph node dissection is a high-yield target for a modifiable risk factor to prevent the persistent pain after breast cancer surgery.
Patients participating in early-phase clinical trials should be assessed for sleep quality, as poor sleep quality is associated with greater fatigue, symptom burden, and mood disturbance.
Patients receiving PD-1 or PD-L1 antibodies exhibited papular and nodular eruptions with scale, as well as mucosal lesions with lichenoid features, that were typically manageable with topical steroid treatment.
- Breast Cancer Tumors Often a Composite of Tumor Types, Enhancing Treatment Resistance
- Massage Therapy Promising for Pain, Anxiety in Patients With Cancer
- Physical Activity May Reduce Mortality by 44% in Patients With Breast Cancer
- Early Tumor Size Change May Predict OS in Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Hormone Receptor Test Results in DCIS Core Needle Biopsy Not Used, Not Needed
- Exercise is as Effective in Treating Metastatic Prostate Cancer as Medication
- Walnut Consumption Changes Gut Microbiome, Decreases Growth of Colon Cancer in Mice
- Triple-Drug Therapy Produces Response in Triple-Negative Breast Cancer, Mouse Study Shows
- Vaccine Enters Phase I Study for Safety and Effectiveness in Multiple Myeloma
- Study Supports Increased Role for Surgery in Multimodality Therapy for Early Stage SCLC
- PMPS: A Common Late Effect of Surgery and Radiation for Breast Cancer
- TKIs Improve Overall Survival in NSCLC Patients With Leptomeningeal Metastases
- Risk for Adverse Pulmonary Events Higher in Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Patient Expectations Linked to Clinical Outcome from Endocrine Treatment
- Daratumumab Plus Len-Dex an Encouraging Combo for Multiple Myeloma
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|