Ibrutinib, idelalisib, ponatinib, and ruxolitinib are each associated with a variety of potential adverse effects and oncology nurses must be aware of these to successfully monitor for them.
A cursory look at hypnosis and where it may be used to offer an alternative and side-effect-free management of several aspects of care that can be beneficial to patients with cancer.
Inducing vasoconstriction in the scalp of patients with breast cancer undergoing chemotherapy effectively reduces the amount of drug that reaches the hair follicles and hair-cell metabolism, minimizing one of the most dreaded side effects of treatment.
Loss of bone density related to chemotherapy and adjuvant therapy for breast cancer can lead to debilitating hip and vertebral fractures. This discussion discusses the impact of resistance training for these patients.
The patient's history and current blood work results indicated a dangerously high potassium level. But a meticulously handled redraw proved it false.
Expectations of Chemotherapy Side Effects Influence Patients' Experiences During Breast Cancer Treatment
Recent studies indicate that adverse side effects can result from factors unrelated to the pharmacologic agent, but rather from other factors.
A review of adverse effects and recommended management for 3 kinase inhibitors indicated for the treatment of gastrointestinal cancers.
How should side effects of the new checkpoint inhibitor drugs be managed?
Postmastectomy pain syndrome (PMPS) is a debilitating late effect of surgery and radiation therapy for breast cancer.
At my current clinic, hydration and mannitol are administered before premedications on a cisplatin regimen; at previous clinic, premeds and hydration were administered before mannitol. Does it make a difference?
Internet-based cognitive behavioral therapy has positive effects on sexual functioning in breast cancer survivors experiencing sexual dysfunction.
The use of cytokine granulocyte colony-stimulating factor (G-CSF) may help to preserve fertility in male patients with cancer, according to research.
Risk of chemotherapy-induced hair loss common to breast cancer therapy may be reduced with the use of scalp-cooling device.
Patients with urologic cancer should be offered psycho-oncologic support to manage effects of emotional stressors.
Using mathematical analysis, researchers identified factors to help determine if containment or the elimination of an infection or tumor, is most effective.
Survivors of testicular cancer are more likely to develop metabolic syndrome after platinum-based chemotherapy.
Patients who were surveyed reported that the benefits of treatment with BV outweighed its risks.
Müllerian inhibiting substance (MIS) may be employed to protect ovaries from the effects of chemotherapy, according to research done with mice.
Survivors of childhood cancer who received certain neurotoxic therapies are less likely to have had sexual intercourse or to be in an intimate relationship, researchers found.
In this study, researchers measured the psychological manifestations among patients with BCR-ABL-negative MPNs to determine the effects of anxiety, distress, and depression on symptom burden in this patient population.
- Earlier and Later Adult BMI Associated With Multiple Myeloma Risk
- Patients Undergoing Multiple Systemic Therapies for Metastatic Prostate Cancer Expect a Cure
- CRISPR Illustrates Progression of Normal Blood Cells to Leukemia, Precursor Diseases
- E-cigarettes and Replacement Nicotine Therapy Safer Than Tobacco Use
- Cost-Effectiveness of Immunotherapy for Advanced Melanoma Evaluated
- Lung Cancer Screening Rates Low Among Present and Former Smokers
- Survivors Reporting Chronic Neuropathic Pain Struggle to Retain Jobs
- Timing of Chemotherapy Infusion Affects Inflammatory Response to Chemotherapy
- Postoperative Gemcitabine Plus Capecitabine: A New Standard of Care for Pancreatic Cancer
- Blood-Forming Stem Cell Transplants (Fact Sheet)
- Internet-based Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Beneficial for Improving Sexual Functioning
- Tattoo Transforms Mastectomy Scars Into Personal Art for Breast Cancer Survivors
- Specialized Cancer Centers May Improve Outcomes in Children with Leukemia
- ASTRO Issues Updated Guidelines on Palliative Radiation Therapy
- Patients With a Recurrence Score of 11 to 25 May Not Benefit from Chemo
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|