SGO Annual Meeting 2017 Coverage
Universal screening of women with gynecologic malignancies for early palliative care decreased the use of aggressive measures at the end of life.
Living in a high-poverty region is associated with lower access to obesity-related self-care resources.
Nurse-guided and self-directed web-based symptom management interventions (WRITE Symptoms) improved symptom controllability among women with recurrent ovarian cancer.
Presence of 1 risk factor or 2 or more risk factors is associated with non-home discharge after hysterectomy for gynecologic malignancy.
Study finds that instituting a health system-wide quality metric, such as postoperative hospital readmission rate, may be inconsistent with long-term clinical outcomes goals.
Perioperative Pain Control Reduces Need for Postoperative Narcotics After Hysterectomy for Uterine Cancer
Preoperative intravenous acetaminophen plus local infiltration of LB during hysterectomy and surgical staging of uterine cancer may reduce the need for postoperative narcotics.
Use of chemotherapy or vaginal brachytherapy (VBT) may improve survival among patients with early-stage uterine papillary serous carcinoma.
Perioperative celecoxib use during hysterectomy may reduce the need for oral narcotics after hospital discharge.
Nearly 3 in 10 cervical cancer survivors were still using opioids at 6 months after completing radiotherapy.
Nonadherence to NCCN guideline treatment recommendations was strongly associated with decreased survival from early-stage cervical cancer.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Hodgkin Lymphoma Survivorship Marked by Periods of Actionable Distress
- Dose-Escalation Mitigates Risk of Grade 3/4 Adverse Events With Ruxolitinib for Myelofibrosis
- Stem Cell Transplantation Superior to Chemotherapy for Relapsed/Refractory DLBCL, Follicular Lymphoma
- Integrative Medicine in Childhood Cancer: Practices That Can Help Pediatric Patients
- Patients and Caregivers Worry About Cost of Cancer Care
- Navigating Prostate Cancer: A Patient's Experience From Diagnosis to Survivor
- Cell Phones and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- How Likely Are Oncologists to Refer for Palliative Care? Depends on Their Age
- Chemoimmunotherapy Increases Survival in Triple-Negative Breast Cancer
- Seeking an Explanation for the Lack of Research Focused in Pediatric Oncology Therapeutics
- How to Help Patients at the End of Life and Their Loved Ones During the Holidays
- Real-World Prevalence of AEs With Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors for NSCLC Higher Than Reported in Trials
- Disparities Seen in Goals-of-Care Discussions With Minority vs Nonminority Patients
- Acupuncture Eases Some Self-Reported Symptoms of Cancer, Cancer Treatments
- Risk for Colon Cancer, Osteogenic Sarcoma Higher With Presence of Diamond-Blackfan Anemia
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|