Sentinel Lymph Nodes
A novel sentinel lymph node (SLN) radiotracer, 99mTC-rituximab, demonstrated nearly 100% detection/success rate in SLN and metastasis in breast cancer.
In patients with cervical cancer who do not have enlarged lymph nodes, SPECT-MRI imaging of their sentinel lymph nodes (SLNs) could assess whether metastases are present.
The use of sentinel lymph node biopsy (SLNB) alone for care for axillary management in breast cancer patients with negative nodes is on the increase, according to study data presented at the 2015 San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium.
New research has found that in women with early stage breast cancer, surgeons no longer universally remove most of the lymph nodes in the underarm area when a biopsy of the nearby lymph nodes indicates cancer.
Startling data from an international multi-center trial provide growing evidence that sentinel node imaging is more effectively accomplished with hybrid functional imaging utilizing SPECT and CT.
Sentinel lymph node dissection in women with vulvar malignancies allowed gynecologic oncology surgeons to identify and remove just the sentinel nodes and follow the patients for complications and recurrence.
Research on a technique for detecting the earliest spread of melanoma has confirmed that the procedure significantly prolongs patients' survival rates compared with traditional watch-and-wait techniques.
Women with early-stage breast cancer and one or two positive sentinel lymph nodes who undergo SLND fare just as well as those who have the more aggressive ALND. In addition, women with small tumors could avoid ALND altogether if they elect to undergo breast-conservation therapy rather than mastectomy.
- Novel Colonoscopy Prep Is Poised to Improve Screening Rates for Colon Cancer
- PPIs Negatively Impact Outcomes of Patients Treated With Capecitabine
- How Physical Changes From Breast Cancer Affect Self-Image: Considerations for Clinicians
- Panobinostat Modestly Improves OS in Relapsed Multiple Myeloma
- Short-Term Intervention May Have Long-term Diet Effect in Hispanic Breast Cancer Survivors
- Overall Benefits of Vaporized Nicotine Products Outweigh Harms, Says International Panel of Experts
- Sugar and Cancer: Mitigating the Affects of Diet on Cancer
- Nurse Residency Programs Can Impact Oncology Nursing Practice, Outcomes
- Implementing a Distress Screening Process for Cancer Patients
- Initiating Palliative Care in the Emergency Department
- Atypical Teratoid/rhabdoid Tumors: Challenges and Search for Solutions
- New Research Identifies Potential Bladder Cancer Chemotherapy Side Effect
- Pseudohyperkalemia: False Potassium Levels Occur in a Patient With Lymphoma
- Atezolizumab Granted FDA Approval for Specific Cases of NSCLC
- Low-Dose Sublingual Fentanyl Safe, Effective in Patients Receiving Lower Opioid Doses
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|