Nearly 1 in 12 patients with a cancer from the 10 most common cancer sites developed a second primary neoplasm during survivorship.
Review found increased odds for developing thyroid or breast cancer as secondary malignancy after the other cancer type was diagnosed.
Lifelong screening is recommended for survivors of childhood cancer that affects the vision, in order to detect issues early.
Hodgkin lymphoma survivors have an increased risk of secondary cancer compared with the general population, even for those receiving more recent treatments.
The discovery of an enzyme that facilitates the spread of breast cancer may enable clinicians to prevent secondary cancer.
[Cancer Management and Research] Secondary cancer risk following radiotherapy is an increasingly important topic in clinical oncology with impact on treatment decision making and on patient management.
Compared to patients who were treated with surgery alone
A higher obesity-driven risk of secondary cancer has been identified for kidney, pancreatic, esophageal, endometrial cancers.
A new analysis has found that adolescents and young adults who develop thyroid cancer as a secondary cancer have a significantly greater risk of dying than those with primary thyroid cancer.
Girls treated for Hodgkin's lymphoma during adolescence acquire a considerable risk of developing breast cancer.
Patients with early-stage breast cancer who receive external beam therapy are not at higher risk for serious long-term side effects in the chest area.
A new study provides the first direct evidence that the deadly epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition occurs in humans during metasis, at least in patients with ovarian cancer.
Enhanced treatment and surveillance needed to prevent secondary cancers for certain melanoma patientsAugust 29, 2013
Secondary cancers seen in melanoma patients who are being treated for a BRAF gene mutation may require new strategies, such as enhancing surveillance and combining BRAF-inhibitor therapy with other inhibitors.
- Acupuncture Improves Postoperative Symptoms in Women Undergoing Surgery for Breast Cancer
- Prehabilitation Program Improves Preoperative Fitness in Patients With Colorectal Cancer
- Alcohol Consumption, Particularly White Wine, Associated With Increased Risk of Melanoma
- Combination of Gemcitabine and New CHK1 Inhibitor Is Effective in Soft Tissue Sarcomas
- Omitting RT in Certain Older Women With Early Breast Cancer is Safe
- Exercise is as Effective in Treating Metastatic Prostate Cancer as Medication
- Walnut Consumption Changes Gut Microbiome, Decreases Growth of Colon Cancer in Mice
- Vaccine Enters Phase I Study for Safety and Effectiveness in Multiple Myeloma
- Timing Chemotherapy Administration to Circadian Rhythm Improves Drug Effectiveness
- New Therapy Blocks Breast Cancer Cells From Entering and Hiding in Bone Marrow to Form Latent Metastases
- Community Breast Navigation Program Improved Breast Screening Rates in Underserved African American and Latino Women
- Live-streamed Videos Address End-of-Life Planning, Decision-making
- Metastatic Disease Linked to Patients Reporting Diminished QoL
- History of Bilateral Salpingo-oophorectomy, Hormone Replacement Therapy Are Predictive of Breast Density at Cancer Diagnosis
- Mammographically Occult Contralateral Breast Cancer Detection is Effective With Preoperative MRI
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|