Nearly 1 in 12 patients with a cancer from the 10 most common cancer sites developed a second primary neoplasm during survivorship.
Review found increased odds for developing thyroid or breast cancer as secondary malignancy after the other cancer type was diagnosed.
Lifelong screening is recommended for survivors of childhood cancer that affects the vision, in order to detect issues early.
Hodgkin lymphoma survivors have an increased risk of secondary cancer compared with the general population, even for those receiving more recent treatments.
The discovery of an enzyme that facilitates the spread of breast cancer may enable clinicians to prevent secondary cancer.
[Cancer Management and Research] Secondary cancer risk following radiotherapy is an increasingly important topic in clinical oncology with impact on treatment decision making and on patient management.
Compared to patients who were treated with surgery alone
A higher obesity-driven risk of secondary cancer has been identified for kidney, pancreatic, esophageal, endometrial cancers.
A new analysis has found that adolescents and young adults who develop thyroid cancer as a secondary cancer have a significantly greater risk of dying than those with primary thyroid cancer.
Girls treated for Hodgkin's lymphoma during adolescence acquire a considerable risk of developing breast cancer.
Patients with early-stage breast cancer who receive external beam therapy are not at higher risk for serious long-term side effects in the chest area.
A new study provides the first direct evidence that the deadly epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition occurs in humans during metasis, at least in patients with ovarian cancer.
Enhanced treatment and surveillance needed to prevent secondary cancers for certain melanoma patientsAugust 29, 2013
Secondary cancers seen in melanoma patients who are being treated for a BRAF gene mutation may require new strategies, such as enhancing surveillance and combining BRAF-inhibitor therapy with other inhibitors.
- Earlier and Later Adult BMI Associated With Multiple Myeloma Risk
- Patients Undergoing Multiple Systemic Therapies for Metastatic Prostate Cancer Expect a Cure
- CRISPR Illustrates Progression of Normal Blood Cells to Leukemia, Precursor Diseases
- E-cigarettes and Replacement Nicotine Therapy Safer Than Tobacco Use
- Cost-Effectiveness of Immunotherapy for Advanced Melanoma Evaluated
- Lung Cancer Screening Rates Low Among Present and Former Smokers
- Survivors Reporting Chronic Neuropathic Pain Struggle to Retain Jobs
- Timing of Chemotherapy Infusion Affects Inflammatory Response to Chemotherapy
- Postoperative Gemcitabine Plus Capecitabine: A New Standard of Care for Pancreatic Cancer
- Blood-Forming Stem Cell Transplants (Fact Sheet)
- Internet-based Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Beneficial for Improving Sexual Functioning
- Tattoo Transforms Mastectomy Scars Into Personal Art for Breast Cancer Survivors
- Specialized Cancer Centers May Improve Outcomes in Children with Leukemia
- ASTRO Issues Updated Guidelines on Palliative Radiation Therapy
- Patients With a Recurrence Score of 11 to 25 May Not Benefit from Chemo
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|