Hodgkin lymphoma survivors are at higher risk of second cancers, and that risk is even higher in those with a first-degree relative with cancer.
Nearly 1 in 12 patients with a cancer from the 10 most common cancer sites developed a second primary neoplasm during survivorship.
Review found increased odds for developing thyroid or breast cancer as secondary malignancy after the other cancer type was diagnosed.
Lifelong screening is recommended for survivors of childhood cancer that affects the vision, in order to detect issues early.
Hodgkin lymphoma survivors have an increased risk of secondary cancer compared with the general population, even for those receiving more recent treatments.
The discovery of an enzyme that facilitates the spread of breast cancer may enable clinicians to prevent secondary cancer.
[Cancer Management and Research] Secondary cancer risk following radiotherapy is an increasingly important topic in clinical oncology with impact on treatment decision making and on patient management.
Compared to patients who were treated with surgery alone
A higher obesity-driven risk of secondary cancer has been identified for kidney, pancreatic, esophageal, endometrial cancers.
A new analysis has found that adolescents and young adults who develop thyroid cancer as a secondary cancer have a significantly greater risk of dying than those with primary thyroid cancer.
Girls treated for Hodgkin's lymphoma during adolescence acquire a considerable risk of developing breast cancer.
Patients with early-stage breast cancer who receive external beam therapy are not at higher risk for serious long-term side effects in the chest area.
A new study provides the first direct evidence that the deadly epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition occurs in humans during metasis, at least in patients with ovarian cancer.
Enhanced treatment and surveillance needed to prevent secondary cancers for certain melanoma patientsAugust 29, 2013
Secondary cancers seen in melanoma patients who are being treated for a BRAF gene mutation may require new strategies, such as enhancing surveillance and combining BRAF-inhibitor therapy with other inhibitors.
- Osteoporosis Medication Improves Bone Health in ADT-Treated Prostate Cancer
- Coping With Lymphedema: A Patient Guide (Fact Sheet)
- Inotuzumab Ozogamicin Granted FDA Approval for Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia
- Cabazitaxel in Prostate Cancer: Reduced Dose Noninferior to Standard Dose
- Risk of Some Cancers Higher in Women With a History of Periodontal Disease
- To Better Serve Patients With Cancer, Navigators Need Better Systems
- Physical Activity Improves Cognitive Function for Breast Cancer Survivors
- Risk of Lung Cancer Increases With Diets Higher in Saturated Fats
- Mechanisms Identified for Curcumin Resensitization of Cancer Cells
- Value of Type and Crossmatch Prior to Daratumumab Administration
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|