Sarcoma News & Features
The experimental treatment LOXO-101 led to remarkable improvement for a 20-month-old girl whose rare pediatric cancer did not respond to surgery or chemotherapy.
Two new compounds suppress tumor growth in cell culture and mouse xenograft models of Ewing sarcoma, a rare pediatric cancer. These 2 compounds are similar to mithramycin, also known as picamycin, a drug no longer manufactured due to its toxicity.
The search for evidence to support the growing use of proton therapy for more cancers continues to uncover valuable findings. New data from clinical trials demonstrate the potential advantages of proton therapy over conventional radiation for pancreatic cancer, late-stage non-small cell lung cancer, chordoma, and chondrosarcoma.
Among children with intermediate-risk rhabdomyosarcoma that is negative for a fusion gene, those who had a high score of the specific gene signature MG5 had poorer survival outcomes compared with those who had a low score of MG5.
The FDA has approved trabectedin (Yondelis) for treatment of unresectable or metastatic soft tissue sarcoma.
A diagnosis of soft-tissue sarcoma can leave many patients unsure of what to do next. This fact sheet provides more information about this type of cancer and lists sources of support.
- PMPS: A Common Late Effect of Surgery and Radiation for Breast Cancer
- Breast Cancer Tumors Often a Composite of Tumor Types, Enhancing Treatment Resistance
- Daratumumab Plus Len-Dex an Encouraging Combo for Multiple Myeloma
- Bone Marrow vs Bloodstream: Stem Cell Source Influences Transplantation Outcomes
- Nurses Are Key to Referrals to Inpatient Integrative Medicine Services
- Exercise is as Effective in Treating Metastatic Prostate Cancer as Medication
- Walnut Consumption Changes Gut Microbiome, Decreases Growth of Colon Cancer in Mice
- Triple-Drug Therapy Produces Response in Triple-Negative Breast Cancer, Mouse Study Shows
- Vaccine Enters Phase I Study for Safety and Effectiveness in Multiple Myeloma
- Study Supports Increased Role for Surgery in Multimodality Therapy for Early Stage SCLC
- Music Interventions Improve Cancer and Treatment Symptoms
- Novel Radiotracer Is Near Perfect in Detecting Sentinel Lymph Node in Breast Cancer
- MammaPrint Helps to Identify Which Patients Require Adjuvant Chemotherapy
- Supportive Care Needs Assessed in Localized Cutaneous Melanoma
- Recently Discovered microRNA Controls Response to Oxaliplatin in Colorectal Cancer
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|