Sarcoma News & Features
The experimental treatment LOXO-101 led to remarkable improvement for a 20-month-old girl whose rare pediatric cancer did not respond to surgery or chemotherapy.
Two new compounds suppress tumor growth in cell culture and mouse xenograft models of Ewing sarcoma, a rare pediatric cancer. These 2 compounds are similar to mithramycin, also known as picamycin, a drug no longer manufactured due to its toxicity.
The search for evidence to support the growing use of proton therapy for more cancers continues to uncover valuable findings. New data from clinical trials demonstrate the potential advantages of proton therapy over conventional radiation for pancreatic cancer, late-stage non-small cell lung cancer, chordoma, and chondrosarcoma.
Among children with intermediate-risk rhabdomyosarcoma that is negative for a fusion gene, those who had a high score of the specific gene signature MG5 had poorer survival outcomes compared with those who had a low score of MG5.
The FDA has approved trabectedin (Yondelis) for treatment of unresectable or metastatic soft tissue sarcoma.
A diagnosis of soft-tissue sarcoma can leave many patients unsure of what to do next. This fact sheet provides more information about this type of cancer and lists sources of support.
- Transforming the Care of Patients With Thyroid Cancer
- Immunotherapy Combination is Effective in Colorectal Cancer
- Blood Biomarker Is Predictive of Risk for Colon Cancer Recurrence
- Comprehensive Mental Health Screening Recommended for Some Childhood Cancer Survivors
- Trastuzumab Biosimilar Comparable the Monoclonal Antibody for Advanced HER2+ Breast Cancer
- Overall Benefits of Vaporized Nicotine Products Outweigh Harms, Says International Panel of Experts
- Implementing a Distress Screening Process for Cancer Patients
- Initiating Palliative Care in the Emergency Department
- Exercise is as Effective in Treating Metastatic Prostate Cancer as Medication
- Cancer-related Neuropathy May Respond to Gene Therapy
- Tyrosine Kinase Inhibitor Therapy Can Be Safely Stopped in Select Patients With CML in Chronic Phase
- Systematic Palliative Care Provides Greater Improvement in Quality of Life for Patients with Pancreatic Cancer
- Adjuvant Therapy Improves Survival in Stage II Colon Cancer, Study Confirms
- Hybrid Immune Cells Have Antitumor Effects in Early Stage Lung Cancer
- Fertility Risk Assessment and Preservation in Male and Female Prepubertal and Adolescent Cancer Patients
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|