Sarcoma News & Features
The search for evidence to support the growing use of proton therapy for more cancers continues to uncover valuable findings. New data from clinical trials demonstrate the potential advantages of proton therapy over conventional radiation for pancreatic cancer, late-stage non-small cell lung cancer, chordoma, and chondrosarcoma.
Among children with intermediate-risk rhabdomyosarcoma that is negative for a fusion gene, those who had a high score of the specific gene signature MG5 had poorer survival outcomes compared with those who had a low score of MG5.
The FDA has approved trabectedin (Yondelis) for treatment of unresectable or metastatic soft tissue sarcoma.
A large prospective postcommercialization study in patients with advanced STS in Europe confirmed the long-term anticancer activity of trabectedin (Yondelis) in different subtypes of sarcoma.
Single-agent aldoxorubicinshowed superior efficacy over doxorubicin and manageable adverse effects in advanced soft-tissue sarcoma.
A diagnosis of soft-tissue sarcoma can leave many patients unsure of what to do next. This fact sheet provides more information about this type of cancer and lists sources of support.
- Existing Drug May Limit Recurrence and Metastasis of Glioblastoma Multiforme
- Blood Test Indicates Breast Cancer Tumors Developed Resistance to Hormone Treatment
- New Blood Test Improves Screening for Prostate Cancer
- Breakthrough Advance Announced in International Blood Cancer Drug Trial
- Yoga Provides Mental, Emotional, and Physical Benefits for Patients With Cancer
- Breastfeeding Associated With A Reduced Risk of Aggressive Breast Cancer
- Hospitals Should Enact Bereavement Programs, Researchers Urge
- Physical Activity Communications Should be Part of Oncology Care Clinic Visits With Patients
- Communication Practices of Many US Physicians May Be Discouraging HPV Vaccination
- Gut Bacteria Can Dramatically Amplify Cancer Immunotherapy
- Rates of PSA Screening and Early Stage Prostate Cancer Are Declining
- Use of Genomic Testing in Breast Cancer Has Greater Impact on Treatment, Costs
- Timing Matters for Pegfilgrastim Administration
- Estrogen Plus Progestin Use Increases ER+ Breast Cancer Risk in African American Women
- CSF1R Inhibition May Ease Debilitating Adverse Event of Ovarian Cancer
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|