Sarcoma News & Features
The search for evidence to support the growing use of proton therapy for more cancers continues to uncover valuable findings. New data from clinical trials demonstrate the potential advantages of proton therapy over conventional radiation for pancreatic cancer, late-stage non-small cell lung cancer, chordoma, and chondrosarcoma.
Among children with intermediate-risk rhabdomyosarcoma that is negative for a fusion gene, those who had a high score of the specific gene signature MG5 had poorer survival outcomes compared with those who had a low score of MG5.
The FDA has approved trabectedin (Yondelis) for treatment of unresectable or metastatic soft tissue sarcoma.
A large prospective postcommercialization study in patients with advanced STS in Europe confirmed the long-term anticancer activity of trabectedin (Yondelis) in different subtypes of sarcoma.
Single-agent aldoxorubicinshowed superior efficacy over doxorubicin and manageable adverse effects in advanced soft-tissue sarcoma.
A diagnosis of soft-tissue sarcoma can leave many patients unsure of what to do next. This fact sheet provides more information about this type of cancer and lists sources of support.
- Prostate-Specific Antigen (PSA) Test (Fact Sheet)
- Novel Procedure Improves Staging of Lymph Nodes in Patients With Breast Cancer
- Better Approaches to Patient Counseling of BRCA Gene Mutation Carriers Needed
- Dasatinib, Nilotinib, Ponatinib Increase Vascular Occlusive Events
- Nanoparticle Drug Delivery Aims to Control Pancreatic Tumor and Inhibit Escape Pathways
- Understanding Drug Naming Nomenclature
- Low-income Breast Cancer Survivors Benefit From Personalized Survivorship Care Plans
- Nurse Navigators Key to Seamless Transition From Pediatric to Adult Survivorship Care
- Inconclusive: The Pulmonary Nodules You Need to Follow
- Common Painkiller Has Anticancer Effects
- ALK-positive anaplastic large cell lymphoma with prominent bone involvement in a 13-year-old boy
- Inferior Outcomes for African Americans With Pediatric Hodgkin Lymphoma
- First-line Afatinib Benefits Lung Cancer Patients With Brain Metastases
- Basic Research Data Pivotal for First FDA Approval of Immunotherapy for Pediatric Cancer
- Risk of Breast Cancer or Thyroid Cancer Higher Following a Diagnosis of the Other Cancer Type
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|