Recent trial data indicate that axillary lymph node dissection (ALND) can be safely omitted in select patients, according to a research presented at the 2015 San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium.
The use of sentinel lymph node biopsy (SLNB) alone for care for axillary management in breast cancer patients with negative nodes is on the increase, according to study data presented at the 2015 San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium.
New study findings presented at SABCS 2015 suggest that BRCAT431 promotes tamoxifen resistance, thereby increasing the clinical risk of recurrence and metastases in breast cancer.
A novel genetic driver analysis of matched breast cancer primary tumors and multiorgan metastases suggests that most genetic drivers in a single tumor are based on DNA copy number variants (CNV), are established early, and are maintained in metastases. These findings were presented at the 2015 San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium.
Ten-year Overall Survival Is Higher After Breast-conserving Therapy Compared With Mastectomy in Early Stage Breast CancerDecember 10, 2015
Breast-conserving surgery with radiation therapy (BCT) demonstrated improved 10-year overall survival in patients with early stage breast cancer compared with mastectomy without radiation therapy, according to data presented at the 2015 San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium.
EPclin Score Provides More Prognostic Information for Residual Distant Recurrence in ER+/HER2- Breast CancerDecember 10, 2015
EndoPredict (EP) provided superior information to the Oncotype DX recurrence score (RS) for distant recurrence (DR) in overall, N+, and N- patient populations, and also pinpointed a low-risk patient group who may not need chemotherapy.
Synthetic 2D Mammography Is Cost Effective and Reduces X-ray Exposure in Breast Cancer Screening MammographyDecember 10, 2015
Use of a synthetic 2D mammogram, instead of a standard 2d film, may offer breast cancer patients the benefits of 2D/3D screening combinations at a reduced radiation exposure level.
Adding Carboplatin to Neoadjuvant Therapy for Triple-negative Early Breast Cancer Improves Disease-free SurvivalDecember 09, 2015
Carboplatin added to anthracycline/taxane-based neoadjuvant chemotherapy significantly improved pathological complete response rates in patients with triple-negative breast cancer in two large phase IIb studies: GeparSixto and CALGB 40603. Researchers reported on disease-free survival for GeparSixto after median 35 months of observation at the 2015 San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium.
Premenopausal Patients With High-risk Luminal A Breast Cancer Get No Benefit From Adjuvant ChemotherapyDecember 09, 2015
Premenopausal women with luminal A subtype breast cancer had comparable 10-year disease-free survival rates regardless of whether they received adjuvant chemotherapy, according to data presented at the 2015 San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium.
Prophylactic Heart Failure Pharmacotherapy Is Safe and Effective in Patients With HER2-overexpressing Breast CancerDecember 09, 2015
Prophylactic use of standard HF pharmacotherapy appears to be effective for patients with HER2-overexpressing breast cancer.
Avelumab has an acceptable safety profile in patients with metastatic breast cancer and demonstrated signs of greater clinical activity in specific subsets of patients.
Nipple-sparing Mastectomy Offers Better Cosmetic and Psychological Outcomes for Patients With Breast CancerDecember 09, 2015
Nipple-sparing mastectomy and immediate breast reconstruction results in higher reported patient body image, when compared to skin-sparing partial mastectomy (SS-PM), and may lower risk of local recurrence.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Incidence of Post-traumatic Stress Disorder High Among Patients With Cancer
- Long-Term Night Shift Work Associated With Cancer Risk in Women
- Distress, Neuroticism Predict Long-term Emotional Distress After Cancer Diagnosis
- Dietary Estrogens Reduced Efficacy of Novel Breast Cancer Therapy
- FDA Grants Breakthrough Therapy Designation to Lenvatinib Plus Pembrolizumab for RCC
- Bacteria in Probiotics Carry Potential Risks for Immunocompromised Patients
- Pertuzumab Regimen Approved for Adjuvant, Neoadjuvant Therapy in Specific Breast Cancers
- Common Oncologic Emergencies That Occur With Multiple Myeloma
- Artificial Sweeteners and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- Blueberry Extract May Boost Efficacy of Radiotherapy for Cervical Cancer
- FDA Issues Warning for Rolapitant Injectable Emulsion in the Treatment of CINV
- Risk Factors for Arterial, Venous Thrombosis Differ in Polycythemia Vera
- Breast Cancer Deaths Decrease Sharply Since 2000
- Identifying the Psychosocial Needs of Young Adults With Metastatic Cancer
- BRCA Mutation Improves Prognosis for 2-year Survival in Younger-onset TNBC
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|