Laser ablation procedure shows promise on breast cancer tumors up to 2 cm in diameter, but more study is needed.
The addition of bevacizumab to standard presurgery chemotherapy showed greater benefit in those whose cancers were classified as basal-like by gene expression assay, compared with those whose cancers were nonbasal-like.
Results from the largest series of male breast cancer cases ever studied shows improvement in male survival, but not equal to that seen in women with breast cancer.
A multigene test was validated as a predictor of risk of disease recurrence among women treated with breast-conserving surgery alone for ductal carcinoma in situ (DCIS), according to data from a large study.
Pictilisib and pembrolizumab may prolong survival for women with advanced breast cancer, according to data from preliminary studies.
Although survival in male breast cancer has improved, treatment lags behind when compared to the cancer therapy women receive.
Adding tamoxifen to ovarian suppression doesn't provide a significant benefit over tamoxifen alone among premenopausal women with hormone receptor-positive early breast cancer, but the addition of ovarian suppression does benefit some of these women.
Women with HER2-positive breast cancer who had the highest levels of immune cells in their tumors gained the most benefit from presurgery treatment with chemotherapy and trastuzumab. These results were presented at the 2013 San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium.
Women with breast cancer characterized by high levels of the protein HER2 and hormone receptors gained much less benefit from presurgery treatment with chemotherapy and HER2-targeted therapies if their cancer had one or more mutations in the PIK3CA gene. These results were presented at the 2013 San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium.
The first investigator results from an unprecedented nationwide effort to test promising new breast cancer drugs before the tumor is removed were presented during the 2013 San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium.
Two studies show increase in pathologic complete response with pre-op chemotherapy combinations.
Anastrozole reduces breast cancer risk by about half with few side effects, according to a study presented at the annual San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium.
Radiotherapy has no benefit for some older women after surgery, and hormone treatment after surgery may provide a radiation alternative.
Apparent disparities between different reviews on the benefit of mammography screening on breast cancer mortality are mainly due to different denominators.
For human epidermal growth factor receptor 2 (HER2)-positive tumors, the combination of lapatinib and trastuzumab is better than either therapy alone, according to a study.
Compared with older women, those aged 35 or younger with triple-negative breast cancer are more likely to achieve a pathological complete response (pCR) after treatment with neoadjuvant chemotherapy.
Second study shows fulvestrant 500 mg prolongs survival versus 250 mg in advanced disease.
Reduced recurrence, mortality for women with estrogen receptor-positive early breast cancer.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Real World Results May Not Mirror Clinical Study Outcomes in Multiple Myeloma
- Is Radioimmunotherapy a Path Forward for Melanoma?
- FDA Approves Mogamulizumab-kpkc for Rare Subtypes of Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Handling Chemotherapy Premedications
- New PDL1 Inhibitors for Non-small Cell Lung Cancer: Focus on Pembrolizumab
- NCCIH HerbList App Launched to Provide Information on Herbal Products
- Metformin Use May Improve Survival Outcomes in Bladder Cancer
- Higher Vitamin D Levels Associated With Lower Breast Cancer Risk
- Nurse-Led Program Improves Health, Financial Outcomes in Outpatient Chemotherapy
- Seeking Reliable Information on Herbal Products
- Hope, Gratitude, and Spirituality: What They Mean to Cancer Patients
- FDA, EU Approvals Sought for Split Dose Regimen of Daratumumab for Multiple Myeloma
- 8 Hours of Bedrest May Be Ideal After Intrathecal Chemotherapy in Hematologic Cancers
- Combined Digital Screening Best for Detecting Breast Cancers
- Adding Bevacizumab to First-line Chemotherapy Benefits Selects Cases of Ovarian Cancer
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|