Generic Name and Formulations:
Dantrolene sodium 250mg; per vial; lyophilized pwd for IV inj after reconstitution.
Indications for RYANODEX:
Treatment of malignant hyperthermia (MH) in conjunction with appropriate supportive measures. Prevention of malignant hyperthermia in high-risk patients.
Adults and Children:
Treatment: Give by IV push at a minimum of 1mg/kg; if psychologic and metabolic abnormalities continues or reappear, repeat dosing; max cumulative dose: 10mg/kg. Prevention: Start approx. 75 mins prior to surgery. 2.5mg/kg by IV over ≥1 min; may give additional doses if surgery prolonged.
Institute supportive measures (eg, discontinue MH-triggering agents, manage metabolic acidosis, cooling if necessary, diuretic administration). Monitor for skeletal muscle weakness, adequate ventilation, difficulty swallowing and choking. Avoid extravasation. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Avoid MH-triggering agents. Increased risk of somnolence or dizziness with concomitant sedative agents. Concomitant calcium channel blockers: not recommended. Concomitant other muscle relaxants may potentiate neuromuscular block. Increased CNS effects with concomitant antipsychotics, anxiolytics.
Muscle relaxant (skeletal).
Loss of grip strength, weakness in the legs, drowsiness, flushing, somnolence, dizziness, nausea, thrombophlebitis, tissue necrosis secondary to extravasation, urticaria, inj site reactions (eg, pain, erythema, swelling); dyspnea, dysphasia.
Single-use vial (20mL)—1 (w. diluent)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Aggressive Therapy Provides No Additional Advantage in Metastatic Prostate Cancer
- Excretion of Volatile Organic Compounds Higher in AYAs Using Vaping Products
- FDA, ASHP Actions to Prevent or Manage Chemotherapy Drug Shortages
- Breast Cancer Screening Recommendations Not Completely Reflective of Race, Age
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Metformin Plus Ruxolitinib: A Potential Therapeutic Alternative for Myeloproliferative Neoplasms
- Sexual Quality of Life Decreased During, After Chemotherapy for Digestive Cancers
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- Approach and Management of Checkpoint Inhibitor-related Immune Hepatitis
- Revised AJCC8 Demonstrates Superior Tumor Classification for HNCSCC
- Oral Androgen Receptor Inhibitor Granted FDA Approval for Nonmetastatic CRPC
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|